Anderson Nuggets

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
another nugget

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 22s23 seconds ago

Hahn on Tim Anderson: "In all probability, he's going to have to spend a year in Charlotte..He's done his part to force up that time frame."

Lawyer talk

i hope Rodon 's condition is not serious. That would really jazz up our rotation.

I don't get Hahn's comment on Tim Anderson. Does he mean that he has to stay there the rest of this season or that he paid his dues and is now ready to come up?

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
another nugget

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 22s23 seconds ago

Hahn on Tim Anderson: "In all probability, he's going to have to spend a year in Charlotte..He's done his part to force up that time frame."

Sounds to me like the Sox are happy with Saladino, or have another player in their sights and are downplaying the need for a SS.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
Sounds to me like the Sox are happy with Saladino, or have another player in their sights and are downplaying the need for a SS.

It sounds like that's the intention - leave him in the minors where he can continue to develop; however, if the major league play at SS is sub-par offensively and the team continues to a bottom feeder in offensive stats, I think there could be a change of course.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
It sounds like that's the intention - leave him in the minors where he can continue to develop; however, if the major league play at SS is sub-par offensively and the team continues to a bottom feeder in offensive stats, I think there could be a change of course.

Also depends on Anderson. He had a great start but has dropped off the last 2 weeks. Pretty normal for a young player.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)

With Saladino giving them a lot of positives, I am really good with this. Part of this teams issue has been rushing position player instead of letting the players force the issue. As raw and Anderson was, I am very OK with letting him pound away at AAA for a season, and then calling him up in September. I'd really not rush him if we don't have to because of injury or something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
With Saladino giving them a lot of positives, I am really good with this. Part of this teams issue has been rushing position player instead of letting the players force the issue. As raw and Anderson was, I am very OK with letting him pound away at AAA for a season, and then calling him up in September. I'd really not rush him if we don't have to because of injury or something.

I don't want to rush Anderson either, and Saladino does look like a major league player - he now has a chance to earn an everyday spot in the lineup (somewhere) if he can hit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
I think a much more likely scenario is that the Sox are talking about a trade for a SS.

Yeah, I don't buy it. Makes zero sense to me. Saladino has done solid (hit safely in 12 of last 15 games) and Anderson is your top prospect. Makes literally no sense. Than again, maybe they will. They have way bigger holes to fill. I also don't think this is him doing anything other than stopping people from speculating about Anderson coming up (while still giving Anderson credit that they are seeing what he's doing) but also giving Tyler a bit of a vote of confidence.

I also don't think this is Hahn confirming we won't see Anderson this year. No one knows what could change that timeline (including Tim Anderson continuing to just kick ass).

What I would really like to see from Anderson before he comes up is a somewhat extended stretch where his walks go up and strikeouts go down. He's not at full "sound the alarms" level right now, but (for lack of better term) in all probability he has little chance to be more than an average hitter if his plate discipline doesn't improve. And, as we know, it's really hard to improve those aspects of your game in the major leagues. If he's walking 3.5% and striking out 22.5% (roughly) in AAA, you typically expect both of those things to get worse in MLB. They could bounce back and improve over the years a major leaguer, but that requires him to hit well enough to overcome never walking and not making much contact.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
What I would really like to see from Anderson before he comes up is a somewhat extended stretch where his walks go up and strikeouts go down. He's not at full "sound the alarms" level right now, but (for lack of better term) in all probability he has little chance to be more than an average hitter if his plate discipline doesn't improve. And, as we know, it's really hard to improve those aspects of your game in the major leagues. If he's walking 3.5% and striking out 22.5% (roughly) in AAA, you typically expect both of those things to get worse in MLB. They could bounce back and improve over the years a major leaguer, but that requires him to hit well enough to overcome never walking and not making much contact.

Timmy did exactly that in 2015. Here's his walks by month once he got promoted to AA:

April: 1

May: 4

June: 5

July: 6

August: 8

That was closer to a 6% walk rate in August. Still not great, but he's shown evidence that he improves in this as he adapts to the level. His walk rate is back down at the bottom right now...right after another promotion.

I think it makes a great case that you should take your time with Tim right now, let him play out most of the year at AAA, and if he starts in the bigs next year you probably expect him to K a lot and struggle at first, but then start to adapt within a few months.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Tim Anderson Jr.Verified account

‏@TimAnderson7

Let's Go...

Very cryptic. Probably nothing.

Probably nothing, but sure deleted quickly...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)

I agree with this.

If the White Sox were still surging and needed a boost, I would be all for calling up Tim Anderson to provide a spark for a winning team.

Key word in that... winning.

The Sox have been showing no signs of life for the past three weeks and there's no reason for Anderson to be in Chicago for a team that's going nowhere.

I still think we will be on the ML later this year but its looking like September, instead of right after the ASB like I first thought

I think the Sox learned their lesson with what happened with Beckham. Not that he would have been any better if they kept him in the minors for longer but they sure didnt do the guy any favors.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
I think the Sox learned their lesson with what happened with Beckham. Not that he would have been any better if they kept him in the minors for longer but they sure didnt do the guy any favors.

Giving him a chance to see adversity in AA or AAA could have been beneficial.