Cubs vs. Pirates

The Bones

Guest hotsoxchick1
St. Louis is 5 games back I believe and basically out of it. Houston would distance themselves from the cubs if they win.

well then go houston..... as i said i dont care as long as it aint the scrubs....... :fthecubs

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not for me, plans to go home for the weekend fell through, and my friends had already planned to go to the bars, and I couldn't get in because I'm only 18 and they didn't get me a fake.

oh sorry i should clairfy that.. good day for baseball.. i meant........sorry your day sucked.....tomorrows a new one though.........cheer up...... ;)

oh sorry i should clairfy that.. good day for baseball.. i meant........sorry your day sucked.....tomorrows a new one though.........cheer up...... ;)

Yeah, going to the U of I vs. Cal game in the morning and then I'm going to check out a basketball scrimmage because we have some pretty big prospects on campus.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yeah, going to the U of I vs. Cal game in the morning and then I'm going to check out a basketball scrimmage because we have some pretty big prospects on campus.

well that sounds like fun.... have a great time.......

Not for me, plans to go home for the weekend fell through, and my friends had already planned to go to the bars, and I couldn't get in because I'm only 18 and they didn't get me a fake.

cue that song from Annie:

"The FAKE will come in....TOMORROW....

You can drink illegally....TOMORROW....there'll be boooooooze...."

GO GO ASTROS - as much as I like the Redbirds, they need to get swept.

On a related note, I hear more and more whining from CubbieLovers about how the Cardinals are "mailing it in" and "they should be embarrassed".

Yet not a PEEP when I remind them that the Pirates, Mets and Reds ALL gutted themselves and why shouldn't THEY be embarrassed?

Funny how the blinders come up when the facts don't fit their argument... :huh:

On a related note, I hear more and more whining from CubbieLovers about how the Cardinals are "mailing it in" and "they should be embarrassed".

Yet not a PEEP when I remind them that the Pirates, Mets and Reds ALL gutted themselves and why shouldn't THEY be embarrassed?

Funny how the blinders come up when the facts don't fit their argument... :huh:

Excuses aren't just a way of life for Cubs fans..... they're a tradition.

Go 'Stros :headbang

Well, I think that the arguement is that the Cards are just doing this out of spite for the cubs, and the Pirates Mets and Reds, are just trying to move their team in the right direction my cutting off the dead weight. I think there is a slight difference. Although I've heard that Morris and other Cards hate the cubs soo much that their going to tank it, because they'd rather see the stros in playoffs than the Cubs (sounds bogus to me,) but if thats true... Larussa's has got to be ashamed of his players.