Pitching match-ups for this weekend (KCR)

caulfield12

FRI Kennedy vs. Sale

SAT Chris Young vs. Q (seems to be the best match-up, ON PAPER)

SUN Duffy vs. TBA

Who are they going with here? Shields on short rest? Latest on Rodon's injury? Turner? Carroll? Beck?

Danish is on the roster right now, would they dare start him Sunday?

Standings as of right now:

CLE +6

DET/KC 2 1/2 GB

CHW 3 GB

Cleveland down 1-0 early in Seattle. Tomlin vs. Karns.

Statistical oddity: White Sox are exactly even in runs scored and runs allowed, and that corresponds precisely with a .500 record.

Btw, when was the last time a starting pitcher with a 6-2 record was DFA'ed in early June of a season?

Edited by caulfield12

Even though we FINALLY have Sale and Q opening up a 'big' series, I'm thinking Greg should not watch this series lest I blow a gasket. Maybe I'll suck it up and watch while expecting us to lose and not go crazy.

It seems to me Sale has been throwing a lot of pitches lately. You know, the Royals don't like to draw walks (except against the Sox ... seriously check their BB stats before that last 3 game series in KC). I'd suggest throwing strikes but you better not throw STRAIGHT fastballs to their Big 5 (Hosmer, Cain, Morales, Perez and Orlando). If fastball isn't moving, figure something else out. They will hit home runs in the Cell again if we throw straight fastballs.

UPDATED STANDINGS as of Friday morning

CLE +7

KC/DET 3 GB

CHW 3 1/2 GB

Cleveland tried to give it away at the end of the game last night...Allen had runners (Aoki and S.Smith singled) on the corners with two outs in the bottom of the ninth but struck out Robinson Cano to escape the jam.

Indians and Royals still in the midst of long road trips.

Wonder if there's any possibility Ranaudo gets that start?

This is getting to be crazy. It seems like we've had more player movement in the first two months than 2013-2015 combined.

Never forget Michael Ynoa and Kevan Smith!!!

Edited by caulfield12

If the White Sox do somehow manage to take 2/3 or sweep this weekend, Greg will be forced back on board again. At least until the next time we face the Royals.

Especially because the KC run in Chicago is something like 23-8 over their last 31. I'd have to look it up again, but the White Sox have actually played (somewhat) better at Kauffman, which makes absolutely zero sense with the homefield advantage they current possess there. Unless it's that 'ol "pressure is a lot less on the road" bromide. Nobody can boo you there?

Edited by caulfield12