White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM WPWR tv

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the early pages of the thread. I would think Shields got dissed. My only comment is the White Sox seem determined to waste at least $10 million. They saved it on LaRoche, who was so bad, then they turn around and give it to somebody who is worse than Danks (who of course also made big bucks through no fault of the Sox).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
Somebody said we DFA'ed Albers and I believed them. I was hoping he was off the roster forever. Was I dreaming that or was it just a joke by somebody on Soxtalk?

Albers was almost unhittable last season and pitched well for the first five weeks or so before heavy use began to wear on him. Why you'd want somebody like that off the team is beyond me.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:46 AM)
With a guy that has Tim's speed, I send him because it puts pressure on defenses.

He barely touched third when the rightfielder was throwing. Would the catcher have moved back farther toward the plate if Anderson had been coming? The ball kicked off the catcher in retrospect, but he had moved up for some reason.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
Check the Shields thread I called this one dead on and was crucified by the loyalists on this forum.

Called what? In terms of starts made, Shields' White Sox tenure is approximately 2/83 (2.4%) over.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:47 AM)
Albers was almost unhittable last season and pitched well for the first five weeks or so before heavy use began to wear on him. Why you'd want somebody like that off the team is beyond me.

Easy. I compare him to Humber. Same story. Inexplicably he's gone from decent to toast. He's 'one' of the reasons our season went to s***.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
Didn't say it wasn't, but he would have been safe.

It looked to me like the relay man threw a safe lollipop throw once he saw Anderson and the catcher pull up.. It definitely wasn't the fielders gun him out throw. I think Anderson would've been out by several steps on a real throw.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
I haven't read the early pages of the thread. I would think Shields got dissed. My only comment is the White Sox seem determined to waste at least $10 million. They saved it on LaRoche, who was so bad, then they turn around and give it to somebody who is worse than Danks (who of course also made big bucks through no fault of the Sox).

But we need innings eaters once we do the fire sale. /sarc

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)

No kidding. All pens can't be the Royals' pen

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
It was a good hold. Anderson is out at home as catcher would have backed up and taken the long hop

I don't think anyone is disputing that it's a good hold. I just would've sent him because of his speed

Edited by SouthSideSale