Bachelor party disappointment

SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
I don't think there's any set way a bachelor party is supposed to be. When I was in NOLA a few years back we went to a strip club every night we were there but I've also done the party bus and baseball game route, bar crawl, etc. This upcoming weekend we're just doing golf, bar crawl and renting a pontoon for the weekend. And I'm sure when I go back to NOLA in August we'll be back at the strip clubs almost every day. As long as you had a good time I wouldn't worry about what you think you should be doing.

I think pretty much everyone has said this, really just matters what the groom to be wants to do.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
i got some lap dances, called me up on stage, but there was no beating up, whipping, or humiliation

So you didnt consider that 300 pound little person on top of you humiliating?...

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
been to a few strip clubs where a bachelor gets called out, he speaks truth.

That's happened at probably 75% of the strip clubs i've been to for bach parties. Most of them were absolutely hilarious and are still talked about to this day as fond memories.

Not sure why people have an issue with a strip club. If you have the right mindset it can be a lot of fun. You're there to (1) have some hot woman shake their boobs in your boy's face, (2) embarrass/humiliate him in a fun and loving way, and (3) help the 1 or 2 guys in the group who are either way too single or way too married have a little fun. If you're wasting $300 on solo dances and spending the night in the back room by yourself you're going for the wrong reasons.

NOLA is actually a perfect spot for this type of party. I've done it twice. Instead of having to devote a large portion of the night to a club, you can pop into a place for 30 minutes and then leave and continue on with the night. And for the people in the group that don't care for that stuff, you can meet up with them a short time later. You're not splitting the group up in different locations.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
i got some lap dances, called me up on stage, but there was no beating up, whipping, or humiliation

You got very lucky. My buddy and I were in Vegas for his bachelor party and we went to a strip club with 25 guys and everybody knew it was his bachelor party. He told everybody he would run out of the club and leave everybody for the night if they called him on stage. We've been to too many bachelor parties where the bachelor goes up to the stage. They've ruined guy's clothes, stripped him to his underwear and ripped up clothes. Painted people all over with lipstick. Like I said one guy got beat pretty badly with his belt. My buddy's bachelor party was amazing since everybody agreed to not call him to the stage. We all spent a fortune. Several married guys were gone for the night in the back room with the strippers, spending thousands. I always thought how stupid that is. To pay a strippper a couple thousand bucks is insane but I've seen it done.

At my buddy's party I told him if he had to sprint out the door I'd meet him and we'd take a cab to another strip club or go back to gambling if we had to. I told him not to worry I wouldn't let him get tied up and whipped by strippers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
You got very lucky. My buddy and I were in Vegas for his bachelor party and we went to a strip club with 25 guys and everybody knew it was his bachelor party. He told everybody he would run out of the club and leave everybody for the night if they called him on stage. We've been to too many bachelor parties where the bachelor goes up to the stage. They've ruined guy's clothes, stripped him to his underwear and ripped up clothes. Painted people all over with lipstick. Like I said one guy got beat pretty badly with his belt. My buddy's bachelor party was amazing since everybody agreed to not call him to the stage. We all spent a fortune. Several married guys were gone for the night in the back room with the strippers, spending thousands. I always thought how stupid that is. To pay a strippper a couple thousand bucks is insane but I've seen it done.

At my buddy's party I told him if he had to sprint out the door I'd meet him and we'd take a cab to another strip club or go back to gambling if we had to. I told him not to worry I wouldn't let him get tied up and whipped by strippers.

Oh man you have a way with the written word, my friend.

I've actually been to one bachelor party like this...it was in a barn on my friend's farm. I think 2 strippers came and busted out the drills and dildos, and did quite a number on the bachelor. Not my thing.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
Hey guys,... I feel real ashamed to feel this way, but my bachelor party was yesterday and I'm kinda disappointed with it. :(

Don't get me wrong, my best man put in a lot of effort into organizing this, and I really do appreciate it. He planned it so that it would be 8 of us (me, him, the 6 groomsmen, and his friend) for a white sox game with the patio party package and upper deck seats. It ended up being $45 per person and we had numerous cancellations and backups cancelling as well and even a cancellation the night before at 11pm. We couldn't find anyone so I ended up bringing my kids with and paying $135 while everyone else spent $45 (I was too nice to say anything about it).

Anyway, I did have a great time, enjoyed spending time with my friends and kids and I will always cherish the memory.

But I would not have planned a white sox game for a bachelor party. For a birthday or graduation party, sure.

I honestly just really wanted strippers. :( Would've been totally fine with going to Club O and and just chilled and not drink alcohol. I feel like bachelor parties = strippers and it kinda bums me out that my one bachelor party didn't have strippers involved.

I feel horrible to feel this way, like i'm a bad friend or something, so that's why I'm posting this on here because I can still maintain a level of anonymity without posting something like this on facebook.

Grow up. You're marrying a woman who's likely way better than some dirty strippers.

Again, grow up. Kudos to your best man.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
I don't think there's any set way a bachelor party is supposed to be. When I was in NOLA a few years back we went to a strip club every night we were there but I've also done the party bus and baseball game route, bar crawl, etc. This upcoming weekend we're just doing golf, bar crawl and renting a pontoon for the weekend. And I'm sure when I go back to NOLA in August we'll be back at the strip clubs almost every day. As long as you had a good time I wouldn't worry about what you think you should be doing.

Exactly. What are New Orleans strip clubs like? I heard the ones on that major street, Bourbon Street, are real ripoffs. And there are 5-6 of 'em. They try to fleece you for $$$ and do nothing in return.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 02:59 AM)
Grow up. You're marrying a woman who's likely way better than some dirty strippers.

LOL. You are a bit harsh on him but yes, your best man is cool. A ballgame would be a good bachelor party. Hell if you want another mini BP go to a strip club two nights before the wedding. Not the night before. But don't tell the strippers its your bachelor party for reasons already mentioned.

I'd love some horror stories of wedding/bachelor parties. I've been best man for several guys and we always did the strip club thing to end the night but I'm proud to say no aggression from the strippers. It's kind of fun when the strippers have 10-20 guys to pick from. Can be a fun time.

The bachelor party in Vegas I referred to included some guys with real $$$. My buddy is from Dallas and I was one of the KC area contingent to meet. Well one rich guy rented a limo and we get on the limo and there are girls in there, strippers. Two of the guys stayed on the limo when we got to the club and paid for services. It was when Crazy Horse Too in Vegas was THE fun place to go. You walk in and there was a big vat of beer with strippers selling it. Instead of having to go to the bar or have waitresses all the time. I knew right away this was gonna be fun. Ice cold beer for regular bar prices, not 11 bucks or something cause it's a strip club. It was like 3 bucks a beer. Zillions of girls in the club. Most of em Vegas gorgeous. Like I said, these guys had $$$ so we had a ton of girls to pick from.

My bachelor party horror story was a guy in Lawrence was getting married. I was a bit older than most of the participants but I was in his wedding so I went to the bachelor party. It was in a strip club. Yes Lawrence has a few lame strip clubs. Well this groom to be got s***faced, so drunk. I wasn't even drinking and there weren't many strippers. So the party ends when the groom to be pukes. All his "friends" leave the strip club, flee the strip club and I tipped the staff for cleaning up his puke. So the groom didn't drive there. I had to drive him to his place where his fiancee greets us as I carry him to the door. She screams at me for doing this to him. I told her politely I didn't do it I'm just delivering him home as he couldn't move. Anyhow the next night at the rehearsal dinner, his dad was a butcher and we had the BEST STEAKS ever. The groom to be STILL was sick and couldn't eat the steak. I'm telling you if you like meat, it was the best steak EVER. Huge and perfection. Some of the stodgier aunts and uncles kind of didn't understand why the groom to be couldn't eat his steak. It was still kind of uncomfortable.

The next day was the wedding and he STILL was a bit sick. He couldn't drink at his own wedding and his appetite had barely come back! Never have the bachelor party THAT close to the wedding day.

I've also heard of bachelor parties where the groom gets so drunk they put him on a train and he didn't know where the hell he was when he woke up. He was like 600 miles from home and barely made it back for the wedding.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 12:14 AM)
Exactly. What are New Orleans strip clubs like? I heard the ones on that major street, Bourbon Street, are real ripoffs. And there are 5-6 of 'em. They try to fleece you for $$$ and do nothing in return.

LOL. You are a bit harsh on him but yes, your best man is cool. A ballgame would be a good bachelor party. Hell if you want another mini BP go to a strip club two nights before the wedding. Not the night before. But don't tell the strippers its your bachelor party for reasons already mentioned.

I'd love some horror stories of wedding/bachelor parties. I've been best man for several guys and we always did the strip club thing to end the night but I'm proud to say no aggression from the strippers. It's kind of fun when the strippers have 10-20 guys to pick from. Can be a fun time.

The bachelor party in Vegas I referred to included some guys with real $$$. My buddy is from Dallas and I was one of the KC area contingent to meet. Well one rich guy rented a limo and we get on the limo and there are girls in there, strippers. Two of the guys stayed on the limo when we got to the club and paid for services. It was when Crazy Horse Too in Vegas was THE fun place to go. You walk in and there was a big vat of beer with strippers selling it. Instead of having to go to the bar or have waitresses all the time. I knew right away this was gonna be fun. Ice cold beer for regular bar prices, not 11 bucks or something cause it's a strip club. It was like 3 bucks a beer. Zillions of girls in the club. Most of em Vegas gorgeous. Like I said, these guys had $$$ so we had a ton of girls to pick from.

My bachelor party horror story was a guy in Lawrence was getting married. I was a bit older than most of the participants but I was in his wedding so I went to the bachelor party. It was in a strip club. Yes Lawrence has a few lame strip clubs. Well this groom to be got s***faced, so drunk. I wasn't even drinking and there weren't many strippers. So the party ends when the groom to be pukes. All his "friends" leave the strip club, flee the strip club and I tipped the staff for cleaning up his puke. So the groom didn't drive there. I had to drive him to his place where his fiancee greets us as I carry him to the door. She screams at me for doing this to him. I told her politely I didn't do it I'm just delivering him home as he couldn't move. Anyhow the next night at the rehearsal dinner, his dad was a butcher and we had the BEST STEAKS ever. The groom to be STILL was sick and couldn't eat the steak. I'm telling you if you like meat, it was the best steak EVER. Huge and perfection. Some of the stodgier aunts and uncles kind of didn't understand why the groom to be couldn't eat his steak. It was still kind of uncomfortable.

The next day was the wedding and he STILL was a bit sick. He couldn't drink at his own wedding and his appetite had barely come back! Never have the bachelor party THAT close to the wedding day.

I've also heard of bachelor parties where the groom gets so drunk they put him on a train and he didn't know where the hell he was when he woke up. He was like 600 miles from home and barely made it back for the wedding.

OMFG, yes Greg. So many yes's that I don't even know how to pluralize it, so I'll just give you 100 more "YES's"

YESx100

I love this story.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:20 AM)
OMFG, yes Greg. So many yes's that I don't even know how to pluralize it, so I'll just give you 100 more "YES's"

YESx100

I love this story.

Thank u, sir. I'm tellin ya, bachelor parties can be nightmares! Overall going to a Sox game with the wedding party and one's kids is not a bad bachelor party considering what COULD happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)

I always feel there is a great disturbance in the force when I agree with you. :)

I had two bachelor parties for my first wedding. One was at a Sox game with my dad, father in law, and about twenty friends and family. Everyone was welcome. The second was a smaller invite list and was was exactly like every other bachelor party that my friends had. We did it ten times at least. Each time was exactly the same. We played cards and ordered pizza. My advice to all the guys his have a standard bachelor party plan that everyone can memorize and repeat even under duress. Kind of like name, rank, and serial number. We played cards and ordered a pizza. We played cards and ordered a pizza. Never embellish, never add details. We played cards and ordered a pizza. :P

No strippers. We played cards and ordered a pizza.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 12:45 AM)
I went to a bachelor party in a rented party room at a bar and one of the strippers pissed on the bachelor and Im almost positive the best man had to pay her $50 to do it.

I don't think I'd forgive the best man. I don't think I'd let him be my best man after that. That's just insane posse.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
I had two bachelor parties for my first wedding. One was at a Sox game with my dad, father in law, and about twenty friends and family. Everyone was welcome. The second was a smaller invite list and was was exactly like every other bachelor party that my friends had. We did it ten times at least. Each time was exactly the same. We played cards and ordered pizza. My advice to all the guys his have a standard bachelor party plan that everyone can memorize and repeat even under duress. Kind of like name, rank, and serial number. We played cards and ordered a pizza. We played cards and ordered a pizza. Never embellish, never add details. We played cards and ordered a pizza. :P

No strippers. We played cards and ordered a pizza.

Great post. Nothing good comes out of talking about a bachelor party. People will be satisfied if EVERYBODY says you played cards and ordered a pizza. Anybody that says what really happens at one of the wilder bachelor parties should be ashamed of himself. You can get grooms in a lot of trouble just by saying there were strippers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
I don't think I'd forgive the best man. I don't think I'd let him be my best man after that. That's just insane posse.

Great post. Nothing good comes out of talking about a bachelor party. People will be satisfied if EVERYBODY says you played cards and ordered a pizza. Anybody that says what really happens at one of the wilder bachelor parties should be ashamed of himself. You can get grooms in a lot of trouble just by saying there were strippers.

Why does nothing good come from talking about a bachelor party?

I went to Fogo with all my friends, spent tons of money, had some laughs, and then we went back to a friends house and drank and played Hold'em all night. Then I went home to my fiancee.

That's it.

What bad comes of talking about that?

If you or anyone at your party needs to "get a story straight" or lie for the next however many years...it means you did something wrong...and you know it...otherwise you'd be man enough to not need some bulls*** story to cover your tracks.

I waited until I was 35 to get married BECAUSE all that tits and ass bulls*** was out of my system and I knew I'd arrived at a point where I could settle down and be "legit".

What do I mean by legit?

Glad you asked.

Listen, and this isn't directed at you Greg, it's directed at EVERYONE. I have two daughters, and what hope do they or any of our kids have, if even we, the sole people in their lives that actually don't want anything from them -- ever -- what hope do they have if even we can't live up to an ideal where we treat our significant other with some f***ing respect as to not need to see/touch or want other women RIGHT BEFORE WE START OUR LIVES TOGETHER? Want to do any of that? Fine...be a f***ing man and say it to her, or put it in your vows and declare it to everyone present that that's who you are...otherwise know you're a coward c*** for making promises you have no intention to uphold.

Get the urge to cheat? Fine. Jerk off and be done. Otherwise you're nothing more than a weak minded Neanderthal that let's primal urges control who you are. That's being an animal...and if you ever post anything on this forum about being above animals yet you cheat on your spouse or need to see strippers...stop posting, because that's exactly what you are. An animal. Also known as a weak willed c*** with no dignity.

Still need to see strippers? That's cool...but don't get married, you aren't ready. Otherwise, look in the mirror and know you're just another c*** you're own kids will grow up too meet someday and they'll end up with the same weak willed bulls*** in their lives you gave your wife/soon to be wife.

/rant

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
Why does nothing good come from talking about a bachelor party?

I went to Fogo with all my friends, spent tons of money, had some laughs, and then we went back to a friends house and drank and played Hold'em all night. Then I went home to my fiancee.

That's it.

What bad comes of talking about that?

I waited until I was 35 to get married BECAUSE all that tits and ass bulls*** was out of my system and I knew I'd arrived at a point where I could settle down and be "legit".

What do I mean by legit?

Glad you asked.

Listen, and this isn't directed at you Greg, it's directed at EVERYONE. I have two daughters, and what hope do they or any of our kids have, if even we, the sole people in their lives that actually don't want anything from them -- ever -- what hope do they have if even we can't live up to an ideal where we treat our significant other with some f***ing respect as to not cheat? Want to cheat? Fine...be a f***ing man and say it to her, or put it in your vows and declare it to everyone present that that's who you are...otherwise know you're a coward c*** for making promises you have no intention to uphold.

Get the urge to cheat? Fine. Jerk off and be done. Otherwise you're nothing more than a weak minded Neanderthal that let's primal urges control who you are. That's being an animal...and if you ever post anything on this forum about being above animals yet you cheat on your spouse or need to see strippers...stop posting, because that's exactly what you are. An animal. Also known as a weak willed c***.

Still need to see strippers? That's cool...but don't get married, you aren't ready. Otherwise, look in the mirror and know you're just another c*** you're own kids will grow up too meet someday and they'll end up with the same weak willed bulls*** in their lives you gave your wife/soon to be wife.

/rant

I'm sorry, I meant nothing good comes out of talking about a wild bachelor party with strippers. I thought I put that. See you mention strippers and there's potential trouble for the groom and embarrassment for the clown who spent two hours with a stripper in the VIP and spent 2,000. Or if somebody got a BJ or something. You have to shut up. Take the oath of silence. Nobody should hear about the wilder bachelor parties and some do indeed spill the beans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
I'm sorry, I meant nothing good comes out of talking about a wild bachelor party with strippers. I thought I put that. See you mention strippers and there's potential trouble for the groom and embarrassment for the clown who spent two hours with a stripper in the VIP and spent 2,000. Or if somebody got a BJ or something. You have to shut up. Take the oath of silence. Nobody should hear about the wilder bachelor parties and some do indeed spill the beans.

I know what you meant, I just think if that's what you have to do...then you probably shouldn't be getting married in the first place. I also made some edits as to clear up my thoughts. ;) The mere idea that someday, I know the odds are on my daughters meeting some c*** that does this kind of thing are very high angers me.

And no, I'm not talking about teenage bulls*** "love", I know kids are are...I remember being that age. I mean the people they meet that "swear their lives together" only to f*** it all up over a lack of self control.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
Get the urge to cheat? Fine. Jerk off and be done. Otherwise you're nothing more than a weak minded Neanderthal that let's primal urges control who you are. That's being an animal...and if you ever post anything on this forum about being above animals yet you cheat on your spouse or need to see strippers...stop posting, because that's exactly what you are. An animal. Also known as a weak willed c***.

/rant

OK, I like your post. You are an upstanding person, but like I've posted on here before I have a good friend, a very good friend who cheats on his wife currently. He got caught once and is still doing it. Yes I should probably not have him as a friend anymore. But I do know 2 different kinds of people and have friends in both camps. One set are the guys who actively cheat on their wives. Some even on trips with the boys to Vegas, etc. They simply cheat. As often as they can. They also are good providers and good dads. Do I approve of this? No. I even told the one good friend he needs to get help. He went to the psychiatrist once and returned a second visit and said the guy had forgotten half the stuff he said in the first session so he'd never go back!!

The other group of guys I hang out with would never cheat on their wives. They are great guys and loyal. Finally my brother's best friend one night came crying to my brother cause his wife up and left him, no warning, cause she had cheated with another guy. She also stole all the money from their bank account, etc. So women do it too.

I think a bachelor party with strippers can be OK if the guy handles it like a guy I know. He had a bachelor party at a strip club and mainly was the center of attention. He mostly chatted up the waitress, who was hot. he got a few lap dances but did not go VIP and all the lap dances he got were right there in front of everybody else. He didn't go to some corner like some people do, etc. Pretty innocent. He also got s***faced drunk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
OK, I like your post. You are an upstanding person, but like I've posted on here before I have a good friend, a very good friend who cheats on his wife currently. He got caught once and is still doing it. Yes I should probably not have him as a friend anymore. But I do know 2 different kinds of people and have friends in both camps. One set are the guys who actively cheat on their wives. Some even on trips with the boys to Vegas, etc. They simply cheat. As often as they can. They also are good providers and good dads. Do I approve of this? No. I even told the one good friend he needs to get help. He went to the psychiatrist once and returned a second visit and said the guy had forgotten half the stuff he said in the first session so he'd never go back!!

The other group of guys I hang out with would never cheat on their wives. They are great guys and loyal. Finally my brother's best friend one night came crying to my brother cause his wife up and left him, no warning, cause she had cheated with another guy. She also stole all the money from their bank account, etc. So women do it too.

I think a bachelor party with strippers can be OK if the guy handles it like a guy I know. He had a bachelor party at a strip club and mainly was the center of attention. He mostly chatted up the waitress, who was hot. he got a few lap dances but did not go VIP and all the lap dances he got were right there in front of everybody else. He didn't go to some corner like some people do, etc. Pretty innocent. He also got s***faced drunk.

What bothers me about this is it loudly says that no, they're actually NOT good dads. Because someday, odds are their own kids will meet people just like them...and that makes you a piece of s*** in my mind.

And let me be clear here...if that's how you want to live, I'm fine with that...but say it. Be a man. If that's the kind of relationship you and your wife want to have, I'm fully behind that, only it has to be an agreement BOTH make. But if you're pretending to be one thing, yet doing another...it makes you the worst kind of liar there is. If you can't do that, fine...don't get married...nobody's forcing you to do so.

Again, this isn't directed at you.

I just have very very strong feelings about this.

I'm also realistic...I fully understand humans have urges...but what makes us different from the common animal is we have the ability to control those urges. And for those of us that legitimately have addiction issues, know that we live in a world where help is available if you aren't too much of a coward to seek it.

Oh, edit...that last paragraph isn't even "that bad", so long as he told her he was going to a strip club...if she was ok with that kind of innocent interaction, fine...no issues. Again...with me it's about admitting it. If you want to go to a strip club for your bachelor or bachelorette party, have the guts to say it to you're significant other. If you don't have the guts to say it...or have to lie about what happened that night, then you're starting off your lives wrong.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
Seems like some men here need to read "Man At Dawn."

Never heard of it, now I need to go look this up due to vague posting.

Should this be sex at dawn? Can't find man at dawn.

Edited by Y2HH