Sox Winner!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
That game was memorable to say the least.

I remember my little dickhead brother chirping at me as a 9 year old and me, as a then 14 year old, saying "this game isn't over yet buddy. Wood sucks." Had no idea how prophetic I was at that time.

Was at the game tonight. Fans were absolutely electric after that Abreu homer, and there was always a sense that they would comeback and win. They never gave up and kept fighting. I think this game shows what they are truly capable of, and that they know they always believe they have a fighting chance. I love this group of guys, even though they can be extremely frustrating. Hopefully this game will spark a much needed winning streak here.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 01:42 AM)
What does Reverse Texas mean? I don't get the joke.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:34 AM)
Aww jeez, I barely follow and I got it.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

And Blake are you drunk or just bored out of your mind? You are posting at an alarming rate tonight. (or should I say morning?)

Thanks a lot White Sox for keeping me up last night.

Great comeback win. Getting 2 in the 9th was huge, but when they failed to score in the 10th and 11th I was concerned. The bullpen was awesome, especially Albers, Jones, and Duke. Robertson tried to give it away, but the baseball gods were smiling down on him.

I didn't actually see the end of the game. I was following it online. Hopefully Shields was one of the first to congratulate Eaton.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 01:04 AM)
As someone who actually sat though Shields' first start and was rewarded with nothing, I'm glad those of us who stuck with it tonight got to see a victory. Would have been painful to come so close and not end up with the win.

Shields is so s***ty.

Got fed up with this game at 6-0, so in honor of that score I watched Buehrle's perfect game on my DVR and pretended it was live.

I monitored the real game on my phone and I'm pretty sure the mojo from watching the perfecto is what caused the comeback.

EDIT: Just remembered that the perfect game was 5-0. Leaving the error in. I must live with my shame.

Edited by shysocks

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Why is Nate Jones' run earned? Melky got an error for making a single a triple, and then that guy got bunted home. The box score gave Jones an earned run for that.

If they rationalize that he would have scored anyway, even without the error (say the guy after him hits a homer) they will make the run earned.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
If they rationalize that he would have scored anyway, even without the error (say the guy after him hits a homer) they will make the run earned.

I mean, Kinsler singled with 2 outs but I don't see how he would've scored off of it. That logic annoys me too, because you approach a hitter way differently when there's someone on base. The result could be vastly different

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
Got fed up with this game at 6-0, so in honor of that score I watched Buehrle's perfect game on my DVR and pretended it was live.

I monitored the real game on my phone and I'm pretty sure the mojo from watching the perfecto is what caused the comeback.

EDIT: Just remembered that the perfect game was 5-0. Leaving the error in. I must live with my shame.

As good of a reason as Renteria managing the last few innings.