6/15/2016 Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
I said "could" and I'm not basing it solely on the stats, generally it's not good trading cost-controlled top 100 prospects. Plus only 4.2 of those innings are at AA.

Btw Junior Guerra is still pitching extremely well for the Brewers. How 'bout that.

Junior's ERA iisn't so great against teams that aren't going to lose 95 games this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
Junior's ERA iisn't so great against teams that aren't going to lose 95 games this year.

a) those wins still count the same

b) his best start of the season was arguably his 7.0 IP, 11K, 3BB, 3ER outing versus... the Cubs.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
a) those wins still count the same

b) his best start of the season was arguably his 7.0 IP, 11K, 3BB, 3ER outing versus... the Cubs.

so an ERA close to 4.00 in a game maybe his best start? You are too in love with strikeouts. You would have loved Javy Vazquez.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
so an ERA close to 4.00 in a game maybe his best start? You are too in love with strikeouts. You would have loved Javy Vazquez.

And you are too in love with ERA. But, have it your way. His last start he gave up 1 run over 6.2 innings to the Mets.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
And you are too in love with ERA. But, have it your way. His last start he gave up 1 run over 6.2 innings to the Mets.

You are right, runs allowed is not nearly as important as strikeouts.

Junior Guerra is awesome and will remain so for years,

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)
Seeing Anderson come up and do well is a refreshing sign. Eventually pitchers will know he likes to swing at the first pitch and not give him anything, so he'll have to adjust. But for now it's good to see.

Does he? He's taking pitch 1 a bit from what I've seen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)

Short-term ERA is not a very reliable indicator, K%-BB% is one of many things that is proven to be better off at predicting future ERA.

Also all Guerra has to be is an average no.5 starter to make me right for moaning in the offseason about how we let him go for nothing, anything else is a bonus.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Does he? He's taking pitch 1 a bit from what I've seen.

Seems like it's been that way when I've watched, but I haven't watched a ton recently. He's had a reputation as a free-swinger in the minors though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2016 -> 09:05 PM)

Of course Guerra is awesome. He pitches in a league that has no DH and half of their teams are rebuilding. ;)