6/18 -- White Sox at Indians

flavum

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
my statement is 100% serious. He should just retire. it's embarrassing for him. he's a shell of his former self.

I think it's purely a mental problem though. As I stated earlier, get him a couple of sessions with a hypnotist and he could still be a great middle of the rotation guy.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
Just to add to the list of complaints, Dioner Navarro has been a disaster. He absolutely can't receive.

I didn't think it'd get worse than Flowers and it seems like it although I haven't seen his number for ATL this season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
Somehow I have a feeling the return for Todd Frazier (back to the NL) is going to be a lot less than Thompson, Montas and Micah Johnson.

We'll see. If they can get a good return I'd absolutely do it. Now I'm starting to really wonder if I trust anything this front office does. Hahns moves suck.

Edited by SouthSideSale

Talk about defense though.

Timmy had the ball pop out of his glove on a spectacular dive attempt

Lawrie tried to make the throw from his knees after a dive attempt and threw a little wide

Melky missed on a dive attempt

Frazier has a ball bounce off his glove just out of reach.

I'm not saying these are play that should have been made but the sox could still be in this game if they are made.

Edited by Condor13

Forgot about Ranaudo, who will probably go on a tear and make Hahn look even more like an idiot for trading for Shields.

The White Sox love their history.

Dunn in 2011. Q's no decision/lack of support and then the bizarre demise of James Shields. The NY Times article has to be coming soon. When you start 23-10 and then subsequently go 10-25, that's too inviting of a story to pass up.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Talk about defense though.

Timmy had the ball pop out of his glove on a spectacular dive attempt

Lawrie tried to make the throw from his knees after a dive attempt and threw a little wide

Melky missed on a dive attempt

Frazier has a ball bounce off his glove just out of reach.

I'm not saying these are play that should have been made but the sox could still be in this game if they are made.

When you're 23-10 you make those. When you're 10-24 after that start, then those miss.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
Don Cooper has gotten more mileage out of fixing Matt Thornton than any coach in major league history has out of fixing one player.

You can't realistically blame Don Cooper for this mess after the way Shields pitched for SD against the Mariners and the fact everyone in baseball could look at his peripherals and declining velocity and increased homers and see red flag signs flashing a mile away.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
Don Cooper has gotten more mileage out of fixing Matt Thornton than any coach in major league history has out of fixing one player.

Yep, it is definitely time for him to go that is for sure.