6/18 -- White Sox at Indians

flavum

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Pick one:

James Shields:

A) starts at Fenway Thursday

B) goes on the DL with a bogus injury.

C) makes a trip to the pen

He'll make 2-3 more starts then go on the DL the rest of the year with a bogus injury.

Hopefully he opts out and retires this offseason.

Edited by soxforlife05

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Shields and Cooper fixed something right? 22 runs in 8 2/3.

THAT SAID - HOLY BAD DEFENSE.

1- Lawrie. Made tough play but bad throw, runner reaches. Not an error but not picking up defense.

2 - Anderson drops a pop fly. Yes not an error but you gonna tell me Saladino doesn't catch that? He does/

3- Melky drops ball in left. Tough play but didn't pick up pitcher.

4 - Ball goes under the ridiculously over-rated Frazier's glove. How is that not an error? Right under his glove. Todd Frazier is hitting .200. TWO HUNDRED people. AND HE DOES NOTHING OTHER THAN HOMER OR STRIKEOUT. HE DOES NOT GET BASE HITS. Insanely bad trade. Insane.

5 - That horrible Shuch bobble then horrible Anderson relay. I've seen enough of Tim. And still waiting for that first walk, Timmy. I promise you he'll be under .250 with no walks by July. I promise.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 18, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Just wave the white flag. I'll feel bad for this fan base. #WeDeserveBetter

Why? Most of the fans enjoy losing so they can be in misery 24/7. That's why they just need a full continuous rebuild. Never ending losing.

Edited by Baron

Adam Dunn:

2011: .159, 177K's

2012: .204, 222K's

2013: .219, 189K's

2014: .220, 132K's (Partial season)

Adam LaRoche:

2015: .207, 133Ks

Todd Frazier: .199, 63K's (partial season

Keep going after sluggers, Sox. Never fails.

At the beginning of the year SouthSide Sox talked about that very thing. Can Frazier bust out like the Adams? They said not but if he were hitting .200 around all star break, then well..

And guess what, another couple weeks and we're there.

So why can't he be lumped in? Let's look at signs. People say he plays good D. But he doesn't. He's made some nice plays but look at defensive stats. He's cost us several runs at 3rd. Okay, next argument, power numbers. Yes, he has hitten lots of homers. Absolutely. but what else? Is he getting on base at all besides that? no. Is he driving in runs at all besides that? No.

Now let's look for warning signs. LaRoche was aging, coming off a year where he was great first half, and had a terrible slide 2nd half, and we picked him up. Frazier, aging though still young in theory, was coming off an all star first half and an awful 2nd half.

The signs were there. We chose to ignore them.

To the Shields question. What to do? I think you have to start him unfortunately. This staff is fried. I'd love to DL him and give him rehab in AAA.

But honestly, who replaces him? Renudo or whoever prob most likely but I don't haev a lot of confidence. The shame is we all thought Fulmer would be good enough that'd be he an option if the starters tanked like this.

The storyline of Ranaudo coming back to face his former team at Fenway will be a good one.

A distraction at least.

We're only 1 game away from being ahead of only the Twins and A's in the balanced AL. Very quietly, the Rays and especially the Astros have crept up.