This is taking a rivalry too far....

Rex Hudler

It's like road rage...you just don't know who has a gun anymore. I actually this year stopped going to the Sox-Cubs games, because I didn't like - couldn't stand - being around asshole Cub fans who want to piss me off, in my home park. Baseball is supposed to be a way to relax and get away from the stress of life.

I also understand why ballplayers want to beat the s*** out of the William Ligues in life.

To be honest, I am more than a little surprised that this hasn't happened after a Sox - Lovable Losers game yet.

I could see this scenario:

Leaving a Sox win at Chewing Gum Park, a Drunken Fratboy is overheard to say, "Well, our Cubbie Wubbies lost, but Sammy hit a HOMER! Wasn't that COOL?"

A Sox fan overhears and starts laughing.

A heated argument ensues.

The sCrUB fan reaches for his cell phone to call his frat brothers to help him attack the Sox fan.

The Sox fan, thinking Fratboy is reaching for a gun, grabs his own gun and pops a cap in CubbieBoy.

ESPN jumps all over the story, and the following season metal detectors are installed at every entrance of USCF, but interestingly, NOT at BubbleGum Field where the shooting took place!

Guest hotsoxchick1
As weird as it sounds these kind of reasons are probably the biggest reason that I don't want to see an all Chicago series...

this is an aweful tragdey.......i hope they find the responsible party and lock his ass up so tight he will never get out......ya know this is exactly why i didnt want an all chicago series......and one of the main reasons i dont go to the cross town at wrigley and only go to one of the cross towns here at comiskey....its also one reason i love our statdium best when its empty..........then i dont have to deal with dumbasses like this one..........prayers out to the family of the innocent....

I kid you not..... I had a goddamn fossil attack me at Wrigley in 2000 when the White Sox beat the Cubs. I was cheering for the Sox all along ;) and, when the White Sox won, this goddamn fossil grabbed me and his Mark McGuire look-a-like son was gonna try to pummel me if I swung at his 80 y/o dad. Even the Cub fans in the area around me were telling this old f*** to calm down.

If I had my Glock on hand, I'd have capped both of them for assaulting me :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1
I kid you not..... I had a goddamn fossil attack me at Wrigley in 2000 when the White Sox beat the Cubs. I was cheering for the Sox all along  ;)  and, when the White Sox won, this goddamn fossil grabbed me and his Mark McGuire look-a-like son was gonna try to pummel me if I swung at his 80 y/o dad. Even the Cub fans in the area around me were telling this old f*** to calm down.

If I had my Glock on hand, I'd have capped both of them for assaulting me :cheers

easy killa... wait.. you were attacked by a fossil..??? lmao i have a very funny image of this one in my head right now.........omg......

Giants fan shoots Dodgers fan after game.....

Fan Killed in Altercation

I know it isnt really an appropriate time to be comparing media coverage between Sox fan violence and other incidents, but I couldnt help but mention it. After first coming on this site and seeing this thread I thought it would be the main topic on MLB.com.........it wasnt. Then I go to ESPN.com and look for the heading............it existed but was on the right hand side in small, bold print. Everyone on Soxtalk can imagine if this would of occured at USCF.

Regardless of the coverage its a tragic incident of fan rivalry. I don't think there's anything that the security at Dodger Stadium could of done to prevent this. Many fans from these teams would of been arguing, nobody could of predicted something like this.

Giants fan shoots Dodgers fan after game.....

Fan Killed in Altercation

I know it isnt really an appropriate time to be comparing media coverage between Sox fan violence and other incidents, but I couldnt help but mention it. After first coming on this site and seeing this thread I thought it would be the main topic on MLB.com.........it wasnt. Then I go to ESPN.com and look for the heading............it existed but was on the right hand side in small, bold print. Everyone on Soxtalk can imagine if this would of occured at USCF.

Regardless of the coverage its a tragic incident of fan rivalry. I don't think there's anything that the security at Dodger Stadium could of done to prevent this. Many fans from these teams would of been arguing, nobody could of predicted something like this.

The media is so bad. Good stories are often put to the side and bad stories with twisted truths and such are often put up front(Moronotti-type articles, Posnanski-type articles, etc). It is sad. Shame on the media for doing such things. Make light of this issue....it is a terrible, tragic thing.

Anyways, my prayers go out towards the family of the murdered, and I hope the murderer is sentenced to death. That is sad.