2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
-Watch them still choke.

-Westbrook early favorite for MVP.

-Saw a tweet saying this would be like Shaq joining the Bulls after leaving Orlando.

I would say it would be more like Michael Jordan being a complete b**** rather than being Michael Jordan and joining the Pistons in the 80s.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Play a year or two there, get some rings, then return to okc. All will be forgiven just like lebron

It is still ridiculous. Pau Gasol, join a team that can get you a ring. Kevin Durant needs to be on a team where they need him to win a ring.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
It is still ridiculous. Pau Gasol, join a team that can get you a ring. Kevin Durant needs to be on a team where they need him to win a ring.

Yep, and the thing with LeBron going to the Heat (which was also a b**** move just magnitudes less than this) is that team doesn't win a single title without him and he wasn't leaving a team that was capable of winning a title. He also didn't join the team that was already the best in the NBA and that beat him in the postseason in large part because of his own choke job.

Any titles that Durant wins in GS are meaningless towards his legacy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Yep, and the thing with LeBron going to the Heat (which was also a b**** move just magnitudes less than this) is that team doesn't win a single title without him and he wasn't leaving a team that was capable of winning a title. He also didn't join the team that was already the best in the NBA and that beat him in the postseason in large part because of his own choke job.

Any titles that Durant wins in GS are meaningless towards his legacy.

Who cares? Still gets a chip and it's included on the resume. Lebron needed Kyrie, Wade and Bosh to win his rings. Does anyone care? No. He played great and so will Durant.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Maybe this will be good for the bulls. Offer Westbrook and another guy a max deal next year.

I mean I'm sure they'll offer but there's 0 chance Russ is coming here. None.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
Who cares? Still gets a chip and it's included on the resume. Lebron needed Kyrie, Wade and Bosh to win his rings. Does anyone care? No. He played great and so will Durant.

I'm with you on this though.

Agreed 100%. I dislike durant almost as much as I dislike for the decision to leave his original team. As we have seen with Lebron apparently all will be forgiven though if Durant returns to OKC in a couple years and wins a title.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

I disagree. Miami and Cleveland don't win without LeBron. GS has won without Durant, and choked away this season. If he went to the Clippers or Boston I could understand. But this is, as was stated previously, a b**** move.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
People apparently have short memories...

LeBron wasn't on a team capable of winning a title. LeBron didn't join a team that was already the best in the NBA. LeBron wasn't joining a team where he was the second best player. LeBron wasn't joining a team that was already the best in the NBA. LeBron didn't join a team that could win a title without him. LeBron didn't join a team that beat his team in the playoffs in acknowledgment he wasn't good enough to beat them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
Well, he didn't announce it while surrounded by a group of confused children did he?

Comparing an environment to a team that was 1 win away from being considered the best team of all time and had the best regular season record of all time? Makes sense.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Comparing an environment to a team that was 1 win away from being considered the best team of all time and had the best regular season record of all time? Makes sense.

The Decision was worse, but LeBron's actual decision to form the Heatles was way better than this.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
People apparently have short memories...

Situationally, this is much more damaging than "the decision".

The good news is, it's a one year deal with a player option and the Warriors will have to find $35 million in cap space to re sign him after this season.