2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
So Barnes was replaced by Durant.

Good god... 4 stars on one team?!

Yep, all those open shots they were willing to concede to Barnes in the finals will now be shot by Durant. We also saw Durant play defense like a madman when OKC went small in the Warriors series.

A new lineup of death of Curry/Klay/Iggy/Durant/Green is just video game stupid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
LeBron wasn't on a team capable of winning a title. LeBron didn't join a team that was already the best in the NBA. LeBron wasn't joining a team where he was the second best player. LeBron wasn't joining a team that was already the best in the NBA. LeBron didn't join a team that could win a title without him. LeBron didn't join a team that beat his team in the playoffs in acknowledgment he wasn't good enough to beat them.

Oh come on. Lebron handled his exit far worse than KD handled his. Can we agree there? Also, Lebron was the hometown guy - born and raised in Ohio. KD had no roots in OKC other than the fact they drafted him. Lebron left his hometown team that had gone decades without a championship and was completely desperate for one while KD left a franchise that has been in existence for less than a decade.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
Situationally, this is much more damaging than "the decision".

The good news is, it's a one year deal with a player option and the Warriors will have to find $35 million in cap space to re sign him after this season.

They were both terrible decisions IMO. But I think it's ridiculous that some are saying this is worse or far worse than Lebron's exit from Cleveland. I have spent a considerable time and have many friends living in Cleveland as my wife was raised there and trust me Lebron leaving was really really bad.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
They were both terrible decisions IMO. But I think it's ridiculous that some are saying this is worse or far worse than Lebron's exit from Cleveland. I have spent a considerable time and have many friends living in Cleveland as my wife was raised there and trust me Lebron leaving was really really bad.

Lebron's decision also paved the way for a decision like this. He was the best player in the world (Durant is not) joining two other top 10 players at the time (1 of which had a ring). That was the first time that really happened.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Lebron's decision also paved the way for a decision like this. He was the best player in the world (Durant is not) joining two other top 10 players at the time (1 of which had a ring). That was the first time that really happened.

Yeah, but he didn't join a team that had JUST won a ring. The Heat had three assets when LeBron signed. This GS team was already the championship favorite with or without Durant. This is much worse than "the decision".

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
Yeah, but he didn't join a team that had JUST won a ring. The Heat had three assets when LeBron signed. This GS team was already the championship favorite with or without Durant. This is much worse than "the decision".

How about I just don't like either of them?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)

Great point

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)

I'm not saying it's better or worse, just that Lebron paved the way. Lebron had also come off back to back MVPs (while Wade finished 3rd and 5th in MVP voting those years). Durant finished 5th last year and is a 7 footer that missed the majority of a season with foot issues in the previous season.

Eh. Golden state was nothing a few years ago, and will probably fall far sooner than most guess. They'll probably win next year but the sad part will be KD playing some bizarre muted role. Yeah, he's taking Barnes role. But you really want KD standing around creating space and hitting jumpshots? Sucks.

But Westbrook unleashed will be fun. Sucks for teams like port land who are maximizing their production but will get shutout unless they can get some huge star FA. Sucks worse for WAS fans who had seriously deluded themselves that KD would go home.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Durant went full blown BETA. He's a sackless b****. And the thing for me is I still think Cleveland is the favorite. Durant always shrinks when LeBron is the opponent, regular season or finals.

Durant is another piece for Cleveland to have to account for, but he's the single biggest piece. Anything is possible, but the Warriors are going to be far and away favorites this season.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Durant went full blown BETA. He's a sackless b****. And the thing for me is I still think Cleveland is the favorite. Durant always shrinks when LeBron is the opponent, regular season or finals.

Cleveland is the favorite?... You're high

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Cleveland is the favorite?... You're high

I want to see how GS replenishes their roster. They basically have no C and their top bench guy is 32 with a bum back. I also see Cleveland making a reactionary move to counter what's just transpired. I will say this much. LeBron is the undisputed GOAT if he beats THIS Warriors team in the finals in '17.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
I want to see how GS replenishes their roster. They basically have no C and their top bench guy is 32 with a bum back. I also see Cleveland making a reactionary move to counter what's just transpired. I will say this much. LeBron is the undisputed GOAT if he beats THIS Warriors team in the finals in '17.

Sometimes I wonder if you're Stephen A Smith.