2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
Westbrook "put off" by Durant's season-long friendship with rival Draymond Green

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russell-westbroo...-232006231.html

Yes and I read somewhere Durant didn't like the fact Westbrook and other "guards" on the team couldn't free him for open shots. Now had OKC not choked and beaten GS we'd never heard this s***, but ...

Anyhow can you imagine the Thunder?? They've gone from a team that would probably make The Finals two of the next three years with Durant and Westbrook to one that now has NO CHANCE of that and in fact will suck once Russell leaves. Amazingly bad luck for OKC. They have a good GM so maybe he can figure something out, but ...

Oh man, Jas, you are really setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. Much like in 2010, lots of people will have cap space, and we all know what happened that time. Old man Wade and Riley flopping his rings on the table didn't do much this year.

"Dollar Store Superteam" is a good description of the White Sox as well....with Adam Dunn basically playing the role of DWade in 2011.

You have a bunch of decent pieces, but, somehow, they don't seem to quite fit together into a cohesive whole. The main difference is that JR seems to feel it's more justified to spend money on an NBA head coach than MLB manager.

The two-headed front office team is quite similar.

Scattered Bulls thoughts:

1. I don't know why anybody is giving this front office the benefit of the doubt. I see the recruiting angle but I have no faith that they'll land anybody. Until then, this is a badly built team.

2. Looking forward to watching Wade cry to the refs while failing to get back on D 75 times a game.

3. At least they're shaking things up and it'll be interesting and different.

Niko's per 36 for points the last 2 years has been 19 and 17.....Is it totally ridiculous to think he can actually reach if he did indeed play starter minutes(which would have to coincide with better defense)?

Post all star break he shot .445 both overall and from beyond the arc. If he can do that playing starting minutes, with improved defense, what will you then think of this team?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
Niko's per 36 for points the last 2 years has been 19 and 17.....Is it totally ridiculous to think he can actually reach if he did indeed play starter minutes(which would have to coincide with better defense)?

Post all star break he shot .445 both overall and from beyond the arc. If he can do that playing starting minutes, with improved defense, what will you then think of this team?

The problem is, he was given the starting job, and he sucked donkey balls. The only reason he didnt play starter minutes in the second half is because of how bad he was with starter minutes in the first half

Matt Spiegel and Jason Goff brought up an excellent point about this whole thing. Wade has been the biggest detractor in the league about the Bulls "organization". He was one of the guys leading the charge about how they are disloyal because of how they "treated" Michael Jordan and how everything went down in 99. It's a stigma that has faced the Bulls in acquiring free agents. Wade isn't what he used to be but having him as an ally now is beneficial. If the $47 million is the cost to make Chicago a relevant destination again than it's money well spent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Yes it was a bulls*** hilarious moment from a front office full of them, like when they set out to get younger and more athletic and then signed wade and rondo. Shack wins again!

The point is not whether the signing was the correct move; the point is you went on tilt because they pushed back the meeting, claiming they had just botched one of the most important meetings of the year and went on and on about their incompetence.

Then like 2 hours later they had a commitment to sign the guy.

Apparently back in 2010 Wade told Pax he was coming and shook his hand and said he had to go back to the owner of the Heat and tell him face to face. Pax asked him to sign something cementing his commitment. He wouldn't do it. Pax knew he wouldn't be back.

I really don't understand this move. How is Wade going to get a max guy to sign? He's 100 in NBA years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
Apparently back in 2010 Wade told Pax he was coming and shook his hand and said he had to go back to the owner of the Heat and tell him face to face. Pax asked him to sign something cementing his commitment. He wouldn't do it. Pax knew he wouldn't be back.

I really don't understand this move. How is Wade going to get a max guy to sign? He's 100 in NBA years.

Out of the top guys the one guy next summer Wade may give them a legit shot at is Chris Paul because they are really close. I don't see Wade being a draw for Westbrook and the Bulls aren't getting Curry. If they have even thought that far ahead my guess is they are hoping Wade can recruit CP3 who will then bring Blake Griffin along with him.

From a purely basketball standpoint the signing does nothing to help the Bulls get closer to a championship.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Out of the top guys the one guy next summer Wade may give them a legit shot at is Chris Paul because they are really close. I don't see Wade being a draw for Westbrook and the Bulls aren't getting Curry. If they have even thought that far ahead my guess is they are hoping Wade can recruit CP3 who will then bring Blake Griffin along with him.

From a purely basketball standpoint the signing does nothing to help the Bulls get closer to a championship.

And if that fails, Rondo and Boogie are tight.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
And if that fails, Rondo and Boogie are tight.

I doubt the mutual second year option for Rondo is in the Bulls' future plans. I would expect that Rondo walks in order to make room for two max contracts