2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
I don't see how a deal gets done, but I would love to have him. The Bulls front line is just awful.

Taj & Lopez are not what is wrong with the Bulls. The backups yes, but Taj / Lopez are not anywhere close to the Bulls biggest problems. That said, I'd be interested in Okafor. Our biggest area of need is point guard. After that, it would be great to upgrade elsewhere, getting another big, especially one you think can develop into something above average, would be huge too.

How freaking bad is Okafor defensively? He's pretty smooth offensively so I'm curious just how bad he is at everything else that is causing him to get such little play. Philly is just killing his trade value. Obviously, Embiid, Noel, and Iliasyova are all taking up his minutes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
Taj & Lopez are not what is wrong with the Bulls. The backups yes, but Taj / Lopez are not anywhere close to the Bulls biggest problems. That said, I'd be interested in Okafor. Our biggest area of need is point guard. After that, it would be great to upgrade elsewhere, getting another big, especially one you think can develop into something above average, would be huge too.

How freaking bad is Okafor defensively? He's pretty smooth offensively so I'm curious just how bad he is at everything else that is causing him to get such little play. Philly is just killing his trade value. Obviously, Embiid, Noel, and Iliasyova are all taking up his minutes.

He's really bad defensively and he is a bad rebounder on top of it. He isn't much of a rim protector and he can't defend at all in space or on the pick and roll.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
He's really bad defensively and he is a bad rebounder on top of it. He isn't much of a rim protector and he can't defend at all in space or on the pick and roll.

So we are essentially talking about Eddy Curry? I always liked Curry's offensive game, so much offensive talent...could never figure out how / why he was such an awful rebounder / defender.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
These refs are an absolute f***ing joke. Jordan and LeBron are mega jealous of the calls Harden got.

That play where he just laid on top of MCW and got MCW called for his 6th foul was actually pretty funny.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
That play where he just laid on top of MCW and got MCW called for his 6th foul was actually pretty funny.

zipser also had a comical foul with Harden when Harden elbowed him in the forehead and was rewarded the foul, only to get a technical issued after ref review.

I understand Harden is a superstar, but there seriously Has to be some sort of similar foul to hockey's embellishment fouls that can somewhat discourage the fouls that he causes

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
zipser also had a comical foul with Harden when Harden elbowed him in the forehead and was rewarded the foul, only to get a technical issued after ref review.

I understand Harden is a superstar, but there seriously Has to be some sort of similar foul to hockey's embellishment fouls that can somewhat discourage the fouls that he causes

Those were two of the worst calls I have ever seen. How the NBA can't fix that stuff during a review is beyond me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 4, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
Those were two of the worst calls I have ever seen. How the NBA can't fix that stuff during a review is beyond me.

I was literally laughing hysterically at those two calls. It was so awful. Literally cost the Bulls the game (they blew other opportunities late too). That said, the overall game was extremely entertaining and a great watch. But I literally don't know if I've seen much worse foul calls than those ones.

Holy moley...something going down in this Bulls game. Rondo and Cousins get into it about something...Matt Barnes joins the frey and Cousins shoves a Bulls coach. Some people are getting ejected and I presume suspended over this. Not sure what got Rondo so steamed...he was still steamed when they went to break.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:20 PM)
It was really stupid of the Kings FO to sign Barnes. You don't want Cousins around that guy

Yeah. It literally looked like Barnes was about to deck Boylen. I always wonder why I notice Boylan on the court more then Fred.

Note: I swear Bulls never can just hold a big lead.

At least it is a good distraction while I work. On a sidenote, given how much all of my teams suck (Bears / Sox)...I honestly don't know what I'd do if the Bulls were in full blown tank mode. I literally don't know what sports I'd get to enjoy at that point.

If they lose this...just pathetic. Had a big lead in the 1st half, which they pretty much blew...only to build back a 25+ point lead in the second half to see the lead come down to 3 and Kings on roll. Blew the Houston game too (albeit they did battle back in that one).

Bulls looked like they almost fouled boogie when he was taking a 3 point shot with the Bulls up 4 (tried to give Boogie a 4 point play near the buzzer). But they end up holding on (in dramatic fashion...never should have gotten here).

Boogie ejected and now will be suspended for his next game haha (refs missed it...Lopez fouled him stupidly on that 3).