2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First trade of the day!!

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 4s5 seconds ago

More

Philadelphia is sending Nerlens Noel to Dallas for Justin Anderson and a first-round draft pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 29s29 seconds ago

More

Dallas center Andrew Bogut will go to the 76ers in the Noel trade too, league source tells @TheVertical.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
First trade of the day!!

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 4s5 seconds ago

More

Philadelphia is sending Nerlens Noel to Dallas for Justin Anderson and a first-round draft pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA 29s29 seconds ago

More

Dallas center Andrew Bogut will go to the 76ers in the Noel trade too, league source tells @TheVertical.

Interesting. I wonder if there is protection on that pick, Noel has been pretty damn good this year.

Weir deal by Philly. Is Justin Anderson any good? Note, just looked up Anderson...I'm not overly familiar with him but a pretty solid PER for a young player. Philly must like his upside? Or maybe they just don't want to pay Noel what it will take as a restricted free agent.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:17 AM)
Sounds like Boston is all in for Butler or George. Picks and assets available. It's now on the Bulls

But they seem to be putting out there that they will only give up the BRO pick for George. If thats the case they are not in for Butler.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
Who would Boston prefer to acquire if they had their choice of Butler or George? I don't really know who'd fit their team better.

They have been long rumored to like Butler so it makes me believe this George stuff came out to gain some leverage in Bulls talks. Ainge and Bird are buddies and Bird always said that George was off the table until now.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
Not according to Sam Amick and Ramona Shelbourne. Brooklyn pick is in.

Butler is a superior player to George and under a superior contract. It would and should take more to get Jimmy Butler then it would to get Paul George.

Who would Boston prefer to acquire if they had their choice of Butler or George? I don't really know who'd fit their team better.

I think it would be George just based on the fact that Thomas needs the ball in his hands and George is a much better three point shooter than Butler.

Butler is one of the ultimate defenders in basketball. He will take that team to another level on the D end of the floor.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 09:29 AM)
George. He's a much better 3-point shooter.

Get this garbage out of here. Butler is the superior player, period. Not even a discussion. Add in the fact that Jimmy is under contract for longer and on a freaking value deal and it weighs even further to why Boston would prefer Butler.

Butler has a 25 PER this year (coming off a season just above 20) while George is at 18. That is a huge difference. Not even close and Butlers last couple years PER's have been better then George's. It isn't like he's an outlier. Butler also has been healthier in his career. I like Paul George and would want him on my team but right now, Jimmy Butler >>> Paul George...factor in contract and the gap widens even more.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
George. He's a much better 3-point shooter.

More risk with George. Shorter contract, and he's a risk to flee to LA. Even if you prefer PG as a player, the two years of difference and the uncertainty should make the Celtics prefer Butler.