2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 12:06 PM)
And I guess you missed last year's playoffs when George put it on the Raptors to the tune of 27/7.6/4.3/2.0 and nearly 3 3-point makes per game. Butler's playoff stats last year? Oh that's right. He wasn't there. Butler is a stud. You don't have to minimize George to make him look better. And George is signed through next season btw. I don't know why you keep bringing up his FA as if he's a FA this summer.

This is a terrible argument for George vs Butler.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)

S
ource
s
tell
@RoyceYoung
and me that the Thunder have explored the pro
s
pect of a trade in which they acquire both D. McDermott and T. Gib
s
on

Marc
S
tein (@E
S
PN
S
teinLine)
February 23, 2017

Ok, now that might lead to something. Payne?

Knowing the Bulls they will get Mitch McGary and a second round pick and call it a victory.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
Bernstein just reminded me that last year when the trade deadline ended, Gar came to his press conference and declared that Pau Gasol was an important part of this teams future

L

M

A

O

Couldn't make the deal that would have guaranteed the SAC 1st this year (lifted the restrictions) plus given us McLemore. SMH.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 02:10 PM)
Couldn't make the deal that would have guaranteed the SAC 1st this year (lifted the restrictions) plus given us McLemore. SMH.

No kidding. That was the worst of many GarPax decisions.

Also awesome that the only chatter re: Bulls moving guys is to OKC who can't trade a 1st until 2022...

Frank Isola Verified account‏@FisolaNYDN 7m7 minutes ago

The deal would include Andre Roberson and Cam Payne.

Frank IsolaVerified account‏@FisolaNYDN 8m8 minutes ago

The Dougie McBuckets trade to OKC is getting closer, according to a league source.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

I presume if Doug goes to OKC it would be for Payne. If Bulls like Payne more, I'm fine with it. That said, it wouldn't say much for any thoughts the front office has around Valentine as we'd essentially be carrying like 5 mediocre to crappy PG's (Rondo / Grant / MCW / Valentine / Payne). I'm not even counting Canaan (who never plays anyway).

I don't know much about Robertson..but how does a guy who shoots below 25% from 3 point range take over 2.6 threes per game. That is atrocious. That said, it is Doug, and Payne at least has some athleticism. I can't really fault the deal, but I have zero faith in the Bulls player development team maximizing the value of these guys.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
I don't know much about Robertson..but how does a guy who shoots below 25% from 3 point range take over 2.6 threes per game. That is atrocious. That said, it is Doug, and Payne at least has some athleticism. I can't really fault the deal, but I have zero faith in the Bulls player development team maximizing the value of these guys.

The Bulls are going to corner the market on players who can't shoot. This trade doesn't help them short term or long term.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)

Teams basically don't guard him so those 3s are all incredibly wide open shots and he has to shoot sometimes or else you really can't even play him.

Geeze...if we trade Taj and don't get Sabonis back I'll be dissapointed. That said, I'd have preferred a 1st round pick for Taj (and would think we could have gotten an unprotected 1st from a contender). We do need to make moves so I'll at least give the Bulls credit for making moves (if that counts for anything) and getting multiple pieces back. So is it Doug and Taj for Payne / Robertson + someone else (presumably Sabonis).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:21 PM)
Geeze...if we trade Taj and don't get Sabonis back I'll be dissapointed. That said, I'd have preferred a 1st round pick for Taj (and would think we could have gotten an unprotected 1st from a contender). We do need to make moves so I'll at least give the Bulls credit for making moves (if that counts for anything) and getting multiple pieces back. So is it Doug and Taj for Payne / Robertson + someone else (presumably Sabonis).

If it's Sabonis, great. If not, it's a train wreck.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
If it's Sabonis, great. If not, it's a train wreck.

Stein reporting Payne and Joffrey Lauvergne (not a done deal...just what he's heard). Not a fan. I would have thought we could have moved Taj for a 1st. Doug should get plenty of open 3's playing aside Russell. I think Doug is a valuable bench piece in this league...the Bulls just can't figure out how to use him properly and have killed his confidence. I really can't stand this coaching staff..epically awful. Front office right there with them too.

I am not as down as others are on Cameron Payne though. He has shown nice athleticism, but he's had a ton of injury issues, which is a major concern.