2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
Well the twitter reporters have backed off including taj.

Maybe just McDermott for Roberson/Payne? Whatever.

But they still seem desperate to trade Taj and Stein said as much.

Which is smart...you should move Taj and you should move Niko (given you will lose them for nothing...presuming they don't fit in your long term plans). I really don't hate Doug for Roberson / Payne. Certainly doesn't help our shooting, but if they believe Payne has upside and Roberson can help defensively..okay. Including Taj for nothing...awful.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:21 PM)
Geeze...if we trade Taj and don't get Sabonis back I'll be dissapointed. That said, I'd have preferred a 1st round pick for Taj (and would think we could have gotten an unprotected 1st from a contender). We do need to make moves so I'll at least give the Bulls credit for making moves (if that counts for anything) and getting multiple pieces back. So is it Doug and Taj for Payne / Robertson + someone else (presumably Sabonis).

They should have traded Taj Gibson last year. That's the problem.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
Except we got Knicks vs Cavs on TNT instead. Get hyped.

For those who are a Verizon customer: if you have the "large" plan or higher, you can sign up to access the NBA league pass for free. You do need to download the Go90 app, though. You can also use the app with Chromecast. I'm pretty sure you can watch any game that is not a nationally televised game. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-a...es/stream-pass/

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
Clearly trying to field the worst possible shooting team for an "offensive" coach

It is absolutely mind boggling that they continue to do the opposite of what they should be doing.

Based upon a Vincent Goodwill tweet..OKC won't give up Sabonis and he thinks deal will be bigger then previously reported. I presume that means a 3rd team is involved...I'll just throw it out there...Okafor back to Bulls in a 3 team deal centered around Taj / Niko / Doug. By the way, I have to imagine if we are moving Taj and Doug...Niko has to be dealt at the deadline as well.

Vincent GoodwillVerified account‏@vgoodwill

Follow

More

Think Bulls/OKC will be a bigger deal than McDermott/Payne. OKC not giving up Sabonis. Taj and McDermott both in play

Shams CharaniaVerified account‏@ShamsCharania

Follow

More

Sources: OKC and Chicago are nearing agreement on a trade to send package centered on Cameron Payne for Doug McDermott and Taj Gibson.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
Shams CharaniaVerified account‏@ShamsCharania 1m1 minute ago

More

OKC sending Joffrey Lauvergne and Anthony Morrow, w/ CHI sending '18 second-round pick with McDermott and Gibson, sources tell @TheVertical.

So no Payne? Morrow obviously gives shooting (to replace what is lost from Doug) and Lauvergne isn't bad (not good either)....but come on...Taj could have netted more (but maybe I'm just wrong). Has to be more to this.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
So no Payne? Morrow obviously gives shooting (to replace what is lost from Doug) and Lauvergne isn't bad (not good either)....but come on...Taj could have netted more (but maybe I'm just wrong). Has to be more to this.

Taj could have netted more 3 years ago. He's a UFA after this year.

We're simply dumping a once valuable commodity in Taj and a guy we spent two first rounders on in McDermott.

Watch out for GarPax!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 23, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)

Quoting that tweet:

Mike McGraw‏@McGrawDHBulls 1m1 minute ago

Mike McGraw Retweeted Shams Charania

With PG Cameron Payne, apparently.