2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:33 PM)
I maintain my Bulls in 7 prediction. Also, Robin Lopez is like prime Dwight Howard out there.

Yeah, if Dwight Howard had the best midrange game in NBA history. Dude was like 8/9 from 17+ ft today.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
Yeah, if Dwight Howard had the best midrange game in NBA history. Dude was like 8/9 from 17+ ft today.

I was thinking about the interior rebounding and tenacity, but yeah, that too. I guess he's a Howard/Rip Hamilton mix. lol

I was pissed they even made the playoffs because of how this season went but now that I look back...I was a little optimistic when Rondo and DWade signed because of their playoff experience. Can't underestimate the importance of having players with this type of playoff experience on your squad, especially a team like the C's that do have their flaws.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
I support it. Portis looked like crap in his minutes. 3 fouls including a tech. Niko was/is hitting shots and rebounding

Yep - Play the hot hand. They looked good last night. Wade even showed up for the 4th quarter...although I don't think he actually played that great in the 4th...he at least hit his shots. Boston is due for a big game where they nail the 3 ball. Bulls are due for a stinker...that said...don't stop now boys!!! Keep on kicking butt!!!

Rondo, Rolo, Buckets, Zipser, Niko...huge.

Got excited after the DWade signing last summer. Was let down pretty quick and pissed off at this team with the GarPax BS. Tried to give up my emotional investment in this team til something changed anddddddd its back. Might say f it and go Sunday.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 07:38 AM)
It's been a while since I woke up and tried to consume every Bulls mentioning article I could find.

Remember...this is still the Bulls team that is streaky...that said, I like this matchup against Boston. Even if Bulls go up 3-0, I expect this team to find a way to blow it...but damn it, I'm just going to keep on enjoying the ride!!! LETS GO BULLS!!!

Since I've ripped Hoiberg a ton on this board, I want to point out a couple things as it relates to our young players. I also I suppose can give Gar / Pax some credit because their trade of Taj opened up a bit more minutes for young kids (I won't talk about Payne who looked awful), one of which was Portis. If you look at his first two years and his development trend...it is a pretty positive one (especially when you consider his age).

2016: 13.8 PER, .469 TS%

2017: 14.9 PER, .545 TS%