2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
Giving up Valentine?

And its not a win/win. Dunn/Wiggins are no sure thing. Wiggins has a lot of upside, but his greatness isnt guaranteed. Butler is the most valuable asset that the Bulls have, if they are going to trade him they need to win the trade easily. Giving up Valentine makes no sense in that respect. The whole point of Dunn/wiggins is you are getting 2 guys for 1 and that makes the risk less high because you hope that at least 1 of them turns into an All-Star. If you give up 2 players for 2 players and you are giving up the best player in the trade who is still in his prime and signed for a reasonable rate, you are unlikely to come out the winner.

It's called rebuilding...with Wiggins being the main centerpiece. Dunn will be a better PG option than Valentine too IMO...plays MUCH better D too. Do they even view him as a PG?...doubtful. Wiggins is a superstar in the making...if you get a chance to get him AND a PG of Dunn's caliber...you do it. Of course that's just my 2¢...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
that means nothing...

I think it tells me what had been reported a week ago that franchise was building around him and that he was privy to what was going on looks to be more true and whatever leaks were from other organizations. In sure bulls would listen though why wouldn't you. Get blown away and make the move. We were dealing from the position of strength.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
It's called rebuilding...with Wiggins being the main centerpiece. Dunn will be a better PG option than Valentine too IMO...plays MUCH better D too. Do they even view him as a PG?...doubtful. Wiggins is a superstar in the making...if you get a chance to get him AND a PG of Dunn's caliber...you do it. Of course that's just my 2¢...

I understand rebuilding, but when you trade just to trade you almost always regret it. There is no need for the Bulls to trade Valentine, if they do that the trade is Butler + 14 for Wiggins + 5, that is a pretty terrible return for an All-Star who is signed to what will be a very considered an extremely good contract.

The Bulls are in the drivers seat, there are going to be a ton of teams who need an All-Star to try and get over the hump and beat Cavs/Warriors, all the Bulls have to do is be patient. If Butler had 1 or 2 years left itd be a different story.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
I think it tells me what had been reported a week ago that franchise was building around him and that he was privy to what was going on looks to be more true and whatever leaks were from other organizations. In sure bulls would listen though why wouldn't you. Get blown away and make the move. We were dealing from the position of strength.

Hmmmm...maybe...but not really sure why or how the Bulls suddenly have decided to "consult" Butler on any moves? Are the really that tied to him to the affect of having him in the war room to "consult" with him? Not buying it. Not sure it's a position of strength...what strength? I don't know...Wiggins and Dunn would blow me away...plus there would be a ton of cap room.

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 2h2 hours ago

As @KCJHoop reports if Wolves-Bulls still talking trade of Butler, can't imagine Thibs passing on chance to coach All-Star he helped create.

I dunno...still wouldn't discount this. Not that I'm enamored with what David Haugh thinks tho. A lot of these NBA deals occur after the draft.....

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
If Ulis drops to is Id take a chance, that may just be the Illini fan in me not wanting to miss out twice though.

Suns get him.

Lots of good value picks to start the 2nd.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Suns get him.

Lots of good value picks to start the 2nd.

lol...geezus christ. The Suns throw more s*** against the wall with PGs every year hoping something sticks...and in the meantime trade the best one they had in Dragic. They have Bledsoe...sign Isaiah Thomas when they have Brandon Knight...and trade Dragic...not to mention Marshall from NC they drafted. Then draft Ennis...Harrison...and now Ulis. This is one f***ed up franchise...and l live here.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
lol...geezus christ. The Suns throw more s*** against the wall with PGs every year hoping something sticks...and in the meantime trade the best one they had in Dragic. They have Bledsoe...sign Isaiah Thomas when they have Brandon Knight...and trade Dragic...not to mention Marshall from NC they drafted. Then draft Ennis...Harrison...and now Ulis. This is one f***ed up franchise...and l live here.

I remember when the wolves kept doing that lol

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)

Eric Bledsoe is a stud if he can stay healthy.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Eric Bledsoe is a stud if he can stay healthy.

yeah...IF. I really don't think he wanted to stay here in Phx...but Suns caved and gave him the most quiche in his RFA year. And like SouthSide mentioned it was the Wolves that offered him. I wouldn't build my backcourt around him...