2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Noahs knee just doesnt allow him to do what he did before.

Not to mention he has chronic foot problems as well. Of course, most big men do but his slowed him down even more when he had knee issues.

Maybe he has magically been healed and he is giving teams a good medical to look at but I am sure not buying it. And I love Jo.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
Not to mention he has chronic foot problems as well. Of course, most big men do but his slowed him down even more when he had knee issues.

Maybe he has magically been healed and he is giving teams a good medical to look at but I am sure not buying it. And I love Jo.

The problems just add up. Plantar Fasciitis is a mess.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)

Don't underestimate the amount of good that can happen from leaving the bulls medical staff.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
Derrick saying he picked #25 for Chicago (honoring his Simeon roots and Benji Wilson)

He didn't say it though. They were trying to get him to talk about Ben Wilson. He didn't do it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
He didn't say it though. They were trying to get him to talk about Ben Wilson. He didn't do it.

The way he answered that, it almost sounded like he didn't know why

ha, f*** you buddy:

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 26m26 minutes ago

Rose said he may change his approach to free-agent recruiting. Was tepid participant in Bulls' pitch to Melo in 2014.

Would have helped when, you know, the Bulls needed it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
ha, f*** you buddy:

Rose said he may change his approach to free-agent recruiting. Was tepid participant in Bulls' pitch to Melo in 2014.

He isnt even capable. He has no charisma or social skills that would make him effective in recruiting anyone.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
He isnt even capable. He has no charisma or social skills that would make him effective in recruiting anyone.

Hey, maybe he can invite them to a gang bang he and his friends have going on.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
ha, f*** you buddy:

At this point nobody gives a f*** what Rose says because they only want to be recruited by the good players on the team

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Look...I'm sorry if people weren't okay with getting Boozer and being that close to a trip to the NBA finals (losing to the Heat in the conference finals while Rose had a bum ankle) and than of course missing out the following year when Rose tore his ACL in the playoffs, but you know what, I was okay with it. f***...some of you all want to be miserable forever and just watch lots of losing basketball. Sure, they could have landed better guys or Rose couldn't have gotten hurt, but the reality is that impacts things. This team had quite a few chances. Just a year ago, we were the right call from probably beating Cleveland and presumably going to the finals (to get crushed by Golden State). I.e., Blatt getting T'd up.

Now what happened since than was awful, i.e., dumping Thibs was a disaster move, but lets not act like the Bulls were some horrific franchise who had no shot. Than again, I'm sure a lot of people here would have traded Klay for Love and well, Golden State would never have won 1 title and they certainly wouldn't have the best regular season record in NBA history.

Honestly, I don't see how dumping Thibs wasn't the right move. The team was just not up to snuff in the playoffs. Maybe if Rose never got hurt it wouldn't have mattered and you would have stuck with Thibs, but it was becoming abundantly clear that his teams would never put the ball in the basket, especially at crunch time. I think he's a really great coach, but after some amount of time you have to look and ask yourself if this coach is going to get this franchise where it needed to go...and it sure didn't look like it as we lost to Cleveland his last year. It looked like a team that should have won, or should at least have played far better, but didn't.

Was Hoiberg the right replacement? Well, last year's output isn't an encouraging sign. Would a better relationship between GarPax and Thibs have made the on-court product better in the last year or two of Thibs? I have no idea. I also have no idea whether, perhaps, Thibs was the asshole in that dynamic.

And of course like you say, we had some great teams in the past ~5-6 years. Rose got hurt, skipped a season, got hurt again, and then wasn't good anymore. It was truly awful luck and it made it impossible to know what the right moves would be to make the team most competitive. It's the biggest bright spot of getting rid of Derrick because you don't have to wonder or pretend there's an unseen MVP hanging around that just might show up at any moment. You can build your team based on known quantities.

I just would like to know who the wizard coach was that could exceed the chicago bulls production so much better than their talent level that they would win the championship. Look at the rosters of the last 6 nba finals teams. Look at the best of the bulls. The Bulls never had the most talented roster.

His teams couldn't score in the playoffs? A lot of teams can't score in the playoffs. And the offense got worse without him. Told me all I needed to know.

His offenses weren't good because the players weren't that good offensively. He took them as far as they could go. The problem with the pistons and the bulls was not Tom Thibodeau and Frank Vogel. You deserve what you get as a franchise when you make that leap of logic. The bulls weren't a coach away, their coach was so good they were thinking they were a coach away. They were a superstar away.

But luxury tax.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
Wizards are prepared to give Noah a max deal of 4 years/120 million. Wow, that is gross.

Makes the Robin Lopez deal look like a complete steal if Noah gets this.

Huh, $30M for Noah. No way. I don't believe that at all. But, as I alluded, people don't quite appreciate how valuable Butler's contract will be to attracting pieces (and enabling the Bulls to have the capspace to do so). Lopez contract is fair too, which is a good thing.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
Wizards are prepared to give Noah a max deal of 4 years/120 million. Wow, that is gross.

Makes the Robin Lopez deal look like a complete steal if Noah gets this.

lol..there's absolutely no way in hell anybody is giving Noah a contract worth $30M a year. At his age and injury history...uhhhh...no.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
lol..there's absolutely no way in hell anybody is giving Noah a contract worth $30M a year. At his age and injury history...uhhhh...no.

ya that Noah deal makes no sense. Also wonder how Knicks fans will react when General Soreness shows up.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
What is the general consensus on Bobby Portis? I admit that I probably only watched 5 games all year last season so I didn't see a lot. I did however watch a few of his big games on youtube and came away pretty impressed.... How is his defense?

He started strong but had some major lulls. There was also so much miscommunication on defense last year it's hard to know. He had a good motor and showed good rebounding skills, but his shooting was incredibly inconsistent.

I think his defense was fine, but hard to know.