2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Bulls are supposedly interested in Dwyane Wade

The Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks have started a courtship process that has included offers in length of two and three years and upward of $20 million a season – a salary the Heat so far have been reluctant to offer, league sources said.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)
The Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks have started a courtship process that has included offers in length of two and three years and upward of $20 million a season – a salary the Heat so far have been reluctant to offer, league sources said.

He will 100 percent not come to the Bulls. Does not want to play here at all.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Tells them same thing every time he comes up, too much "responsibility" to actually live here. Can't imagine now bing any different.

I agree. He plays them like a fiddle every time. Maybe if the Heat stay at $10 mil per year but this is all about leverage to up Miami IMO

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
NBA is going to have a lockout, I can't see the league being able to support these type of contract. Conley is signing a 5yr $153M deal. $30.6M/yr for Mike Conley (who I liked and who I wanted the Bulls to get). But Mike freaking Conley making $30M/yr. That is insane.

I think this is much more indicative of a huge surge in revenue than anything else. If revenue is going up then that means everyone is getting rich, including the owners. The need for a lockout would come if the share of revenue the players are getting is also going up substantially, if they're still getting 55% or whatever the NBA number is, then 45% of a growing pile for the owners still keeps everyone happy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Conley stays with Grizz 5/153M

Alrighty then

That is still just mind boggling hours later. Mike f***ing Conley gets 153 mil.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
Wow. Ok, it has sucked to be a Bulls fan, but can you imagine being a Lakers fan right now? What a disaster of an off season.

Agreed. I've been talking to friends and saying it sucks right now but it's better than spending and overpaying for role players and washed up vets.

The Bulls do have to spend about $17 million to reach the salary floor. I think they'd like Rondo on a 1-2 year deal but he obviously wants more years. Bulls will be adding players. No idea who and I'd be willing to bet it's on the short term side.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
The Bulls do have to spend about $17 million to reach the salary floor. I think they'd like Rondo on a 1-2 year deal but he obviously wants more years. Bulls will be adding players. No idea who and I'd be willing to bet it's on the short term side.

I'd be totally willing to be bad this season if it meant not taking any mega-bad contracts. So far, we have escaped any stupidity.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
Horford to Boston and Durant had long meeting with Celtics where Tom Brady was involved. I hope KD lands there. East needs beefing up.

I just read on espn that the Celtics can swap first round picks with the Nets next year. Unbelievable.