2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
As we have seen with Lebron apparently all will be forgiven though if Durant returns to OKC in a couple years and wins a title.

Why would he return there to win a title? It's not his hometown team that he grew up following. They have zero history as a franchise.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
I want to see how GS replenishes their roster. They basically have no C and their top bench guy is 32 with a bum back. I also see Cleveland making a reactionary move to counter what's just transpired. I will say this much. LeBron is the undisputed GOAT if he beats THIS Warriors team in the finals in '17.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
That would clinch it. He doesn't have to win 6 just like MJ didn't have to win 5 and 6 to be considered greater than Magic or Kareem.

I'm with you on this one.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
I want to see how GS replenishes their roster. They basically have no C and their top bench guy is 32 with a bum back. I also see Cleveland making a reactionary move to counter what's just transpired. I will say this much. LeBron is the undisputed GOAT if he beats THIS Warriors team in the finals in '17.

Yeah, Lebron will never be the undisputed GOAT because of 2011. That will forever be a blemish on his record that Jordan never had.

I'm also not too worried about it happening, unless the Warriors have major injuries. The cavs would have likely lost to the Warriors this year if not for the Draymond suspension.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
I would think that the Thunder will trade Westbrook by February's deadline. There's no way that Sam Presti is going to let both guys leave for nothing.

He won't get much back. He's a FA next summer. What would a non-retarded team give up for 3 months of WB?

Not even three months. More like 2 and the playoffs.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
He won't get much back. He's a FA next summer. What would a non-retarded team give up for 3 months of WB?

They don't have a choice but to get something. Lakers wouldn't give up some young players for the chance at keeping him?

Predicted record-breaking season again for GS?

The biggest benefit is that this takes some of the pressure off Curry. And he showed in the playoffs he's capable of playing defense when motivated. Being around Green, they will push him to up that side of his game. He has the wingspan to be more of a presence.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)

See Knicks, New York

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 06:28 PM)
They don't have a choice but to get something. Lakers wouldn't give up some young players for the chance at keeping him?

Why give up anything when he's gonna be a fa? It's not like they're sniffing the playoffs next year. Simply wait until the season is over and go at him when he's a fa.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)
Predicted record-breaking season again for GS?

The biggest benefit is that this takes some of the pressure off Curry. And he showed in the playoffs he's capable of playing defense when motivated. Being around Green, they will push him to up that side of his game. He has the wingspan to be more of a presence.

That's a bit of an understatement.

Who is the center now for GSW?

Varejao? Do they have any money left over to replace him?

One of their weaknesses will be interior defense without Bogut. Very popular player, organization was basically forced to part with him for financial reasons. Ezeli's out too, guess they'll come up with someone, as every C in the world not currently attached to an organization will want to play for them.

Greg Oden, come on down. Joking about that one. Maybe Rush can get some more playing time with their smaller line-ups. He's a very solid defender as well, at least he was at Bishop Miege and at Kansas.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)

One of their weaknesses will be interior defense without Bogut. Very popular player, organization was basically forced to part with him for financial reasons. Ezeli's out too, guess they'll come up with someone, as every C in the world not currently attached to an organization will want to play for them.

Greg Oden, come on down. Joking about that one. Maybe Rush can get some more playing time with their smaller line-ups. He's a very solid defender as well, at least he was at Bishop Miege and at Kansas.

Zaza Pachulia for 2.9 million for next year. That's a damn good add at that price. Not the defensive presence Bogut is. But he's been pretty good the last couple years according to defensive+/-.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
I want to believe the Bulls have a chance at Russ but I know they don't. They never land a big fish.

He's goin' to LA. I'll go greg and advise everyone to bet the house on that one. Man, how do the Thunder and their fans feel right now? Four years ago they had Durant -23, Westbrook -23, Harden -22, and Ibaka -22. Looked primed to take over the league even after losing to Miami. Now this time next year you're looking at building around Oladipo/Adams. Two fine players. But nothing compared to what could've been.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)

I don't think they care about defense. The rules are so skewed towards offense that if you have that many good scorers on one team, you can just outscore everybody.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 08:37 PM)
He's goin' to LA. I'll go greg and advise everyone to bet the house on that one. Man, how do the Thunder and their fans feel right now? Four years ago they had Durant -23, Westbrook -23, Harden -22, and Ibaka -22. Looked primed to take over the league even after losing to Miami. Now this time next year you're looking at building around Oladipo/Adams. Two fine players. But nothing compared to what could've been.

You feel like the fan of the vast majority of sports teams? One things most sports fans have in common, your team sucks.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
If I were OKC, I'd move him this summer for the best package I could get. Team like Boston or Minnesota should be all over it.

Boston maybe, Minnesota probably not.

Yeah, whatever team (already possessing two star quality players) adds Westbrook, they instantly become the final leg of the GSW/CLE/ triangle, with Boston rising now with Horford.

SA? LAC? TOR? Boston? Philly? ATL? NOLA?

The major problem is teams wanting to compete aren't going to want to give up too much of their young core, so it's going to be more draft-pick/future considerations based.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 4, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
I don't think they care about defense. The rules are so skewed towards offense that if you have that many good scorers on one team, you can just outscore everybody.

They are a fantastic defensive team. I'm not sure that it will matter too much. Bogut seemed more of a cog 2 years ago than last year. Nobody has that center we all keep talking about coming that will destroy small teams. Warriors will continue to be at the very least a top 10 dfensive team because they are well coached and Durant will be a part of that.