2016-2017 NBA Thread

By the way, I never think of Woj and him knowing our front office (they generally don't like him). He might get info but I don't think it is coming from the Bulls (it used to come through Thibs...now I don't know where he'd get any data from, at least internally). So as a result, I do put that skepticism on his reports (as it means they are likely from agents / other teams / Wade's reps).

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:47 PM)
If we sign Wade, than I think the possibility of actually landing a bigger fish a year from now increases. I also think Wade helps ensure that Rondo doesn't totally ruin team chemistry.

This. It finally shows a big fish is will to come here and gives this franchise more credibility.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
By the way, I never think of Woj and him knowing our front office (they generally don't like him). He might get info but I don't think it is coming from the Bulls (it used to come through Thibs...now I don't know where he'd get any data from, at least internally). So as a result, I do put that skepticism on his reports (as it means they are likely from agents / other teams / Wade's reps).

Then that would make sense

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:47 PM)
If we sign Wade, than I think the possibility of actually landing a bigger fish a year from now increases. I also think Wade helps ensure that Rondo doesn't totally ruin team chemistry.

It would literally be the only reason to sign Wade to a big contract at this stage.

On an unrelated note, I'd prefer to keep Taj (vs. dump him) but I presume they won't be able to move our PG from the Knicks (without including picks), which means it will be MDJ and Taj that get moved. Please, whatever happens, I don't want to see us giving up a 1st round pick (I really hope we can stay away from that) to free up this space. In fact, I hope we are getting something of value (especially for Taj). I don't think we should have any issues moving Taj / MJD, however, in this scenario, the Bulls have a lot less leverage making a deal (given we are forced to have to move them and would need to move them immediately).

Calderon is still a competent backup PG, and with the money being thrown around, I think they can trade him.

I didn't watch much basketball at all last year, but if the Bulls want a more free flowing offense, Taj, who has looked like a black hole when he gets the ball(from what I remember), might not be a great fit for the system.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
So the Bulls are going to trade guys to make space, and then get left at the alter again by Wade, aren't they.

Well, I don't really have an issue of them moving people, etc...as long as they aren't moving long-term pieces / assets. I presume anything we do would be more contingent on things going through (and right now we are ensuring we have things in place).

All this said, I have no idea how and what Rondo / Wade / Buckets will look like offensively. It isn't exactly the best basketball pairing / melding of skill-sets. But Rondo is a short-timer and in the grand scheme so is Wade, so I'm all for whatever gives the Bulls the best shot to find other real assets to go with Butler longer term. And hell, in the short-term, it makes for an interesting watch. And if a year from now, James teams up with Wade and Butler in Chicago (after the Cavs get spanked by the Warriors)...it will all be worth it.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
@wojverticalnba Sources: Dwyane Wade is pushing for a resolution on his future tonight: Miami, Chicago or Denver. Pat Riley wants an answer too.

As dumb and pointless as itd be, Wade coming here would be oddly fun. I honestly think it'd change what players think about the Bulls.

The deal for Demarcus cousins and let him Chuck threes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
As dumb and pointless as itd be, Wade coming here would be oddly fun. I honestly think it'd change what players think about the Bulls.

The deal for Demarcus cousins and let him Chuck threes.

LOL this would be most hilarious team ever. Hoiball. Rondo dribbles for 15 minutes while Wade claps at him frantically before he sends it to boogie for a 3 pointer.

@kcjhoop Wade doesn't need face-to-face meeting w/ Bulls because he met w/ them twice in '10 FA. He just has to pick them--and Bulls have to unload $

Ahh f*** it. Just come here Wade. At least I'd be interested because it'd show stars can sign here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
So the Bulls are going to trade guys to make space, and then get left at the alter again by Wade, aren't they.

That'd be fun. I'd love to see a Rondo-Butler-McD-Niko-Lopez lineup with Valentine being the 6th man playing minutes at 1-3 and Portis being the primary backup at 4/5.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
@wojnbavertical Pending Chicago's belief they have deal to clear cap space, Dwyane Wade is nearing commitment to sign with Bulls, sources tell @TheVertical

I'm still not convinced.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 1m1 minute ago

Dwyane Wade has informed the Bulls he plans to sign a deal with them, sources tell @TheVertical. Bulls sending out contracts now.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 22s22 seconds ago

Bulls have found a trading partner for Calderon, per source.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
@wojnbavertical Pending Chicago's belief they have deal to clear cap space, Dwyane Wade is nearing commitment to sign with Bulls, sources tell @TheVertical

Time for everyone to change the name on their Ben Wallace jerseys.