2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)
As dumb and pointless as itd be, Wade coming here would be oddly fun. I honestly think it'd change what players think about the Bulls.

The deal for Demarcus cousins and let him Chuck threes.

I absolutely think it changes the dynamic in the league. Wade is highly, highly respected and thought of. For him to come here and if he enjoys is time here, etc, next off-season, him and Buckets whispering sweet love into Lebron or Chris Paul or Blake Griffin's ear is going to sound good to those guys. The key is Wade stays healthy next year and somehow the roster / team doesn't entirely implode. Lets get a 3 or 4 seed and play well, get into the 2nd round of the playoffs, give enough good ora that free agents would know they could come and help play with some highly respected guys (Wade / Buckets) and try and take out the Warriors.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:27 PM)
It's obvious the Bulls' FO screwed this whole mess up as a result of not being able to make it to the meeting in NY.

Yes it was a bulls*** hilarious moment from a front office full of them, like when they set out to get younger and more athletic and then signed wade and rondo. Shack wins again!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 06:34 PM)
Rondo has already done more recruiting in a few days than rose has in 8 years.

If Rondo was as bad as Bmags claims (personality wise), Dwayne Wade wouldn't be signing here (worse yet, Rondo sure as s*** wouldn't be part of our "recruiting" pitch). And alas, here he is. Funny thing is I don't think Rondo is part of the long-term, but I think the hell that is Sacremento changed things mentally a ton for Rajon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
Just a reminder that no more of this bulls*** "I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that when I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball. Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore. Or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. I'm just learning and being smart."

Wade is so anti-rose in that sense. And Rondo, punk or not, has always marked me as the kind of guy I want on my team (has a nasty streak about him). You know...this isn't the perfectly constructed roster, and I have zero delusions of a championship, but it will be fun to watch and clearly some of the young guys are going to get key roles on the bench too (Portis / Dougie / Valentine / Grant). And I'm f***ing confident next year we are landing a f***ing STUD.

What did the Lakers get and what did we get from Cleveland? I'm curious. I just want to make sure no 1st rounders were harmed in the doing of these deals. By the way, I like MJD, so I will miss him, but man, major coup not having to deal Taj.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Yes it was a bulls*** hilarious moment from a front office full of them, like when they set out to get younger and more athletic and then signed wade and rondo. Shack wins again!

Yeah, so hillarious and awful.....internet trolls everywhere won, oh wait, he signed with the Bulls. On the bright side, anytime I have a delayed flight, somewhere in between my annoyance of the delay, I will laugh and think of you bmags and your rant against the Bulls front office.

PS: I am not saying that in a dick tone (in case it comes off that way). I laugh at my own hillarious comments at times too and you too, will one day laugh at this comment. Probably a little less to almost exactly a year from now, when we land that big f***ing fish.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
Wade is so anti-rose in that sense. And Rondo, punk or not, has always marked me as the kind of guy I want on my team (has a nasty streak about him). You know...this isn't the perfectly constructed roster, and I have zero delusions of a championship, but it will be fun to watch and clearly some of the young guys are going to get key roles on the bench too (Portis / Dougie / Valentine / Grant). And I'm f***ing confident next year we are landing a f***ing STUD.

Man you are on some crazy pills when it comes to the Bulls my friend.

Literally, we will be able to offer 2 max deals next year and still have Buckets, Wade, Valentine, Portis, Lopez, McDermott...not all that bad of a spot to be in. Please, please, let this team takes steps forward (and not backwards) so they truly are really marketable to the 2017 class.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
I absolutely think it changes the dynamic in the league. Wade is highly, highly respected and thought of. For him to come here and if he enjoys is time here, etc, next off-season, him and Buckets whispering sweet love into Lebron or Chris Paul or Blake Griffin's here is going to sound good to those guys. The key is Wade stays healthy next year and somehow the roster / team doesn't entirely implode. Lets get a 3 or 4 seed and play well, get into the 2nd round of the playoffs, give enough good ora that free agents would know they could come and help play with some highly respected guys (Wade / Buckets) and try and take out the Warriors.

This

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
Man you are on some crazy pills when it comes to the Bulls my friend.

What crazy pills. Do you people not realize, we will have cap space for two max deals. Are you going to choose the Lakers? Okay...Knicks could be a possibility (NY plus Porzingis could be a stud) but legimately, who the hell else is going to be able to construct as attractive of a team and make a pitch for two max deals (clearly the Warriors are out...OKC I suppose could...but it is OKC.....Dallas / Houston...maybe....Clips could...but bottom line, we are in a good spot.

PS: Never have you seen me claim any delusion we are going to win a title with this roster, but i legit think 3-4 seed is more than reasonable.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
Literally, we will be able to offer 2 max deals next year and still have Buckets, Wade, Valentine, Portis, Lopez, McDermott...not all that bad of a spot to be in. Please, please, let this team takes steps forward (and not backwards) so they truly are really marketable to the 2017 class.

My thinking as well. I haven't been this interested in the Bulls. I was sick of Rose and his bs. Now he's gone and Wades coming home. He may not be in his prime but I think he's going to help us land a big time FA.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)

There are some huge names out there. One thing I can honestly say is that this team now has two stars who are willing to sell the s*** out of this team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
Yeah, so hillarious and awful.....internet trolls everywhere won, oh wait, he signed with the Bulls. On the bright side, anytime I have a delayed flight, somewhere in between my annoyance of the delay, I will laugh and think of you bmags and your rant against the Bulls front office.

I never claimed flights don't delay. I claimed that front offices that are in major free agent meetings don't miss theirs to a flight delay when there are clearly many other planes that were not delayed, or you go the night before. This is the NBA, they just signed a 24 billion tv contract. They can fly charter to visit players in the hamptons. It is not comparable to an accounting firm.

I don't really consider this winning. But I pray this "recruiting angle" works, because this is the worst roster construction for modern times. Even if it explodes and Forman is fired, it means we will be unattractive as a destination again. But perhaps we'd get a good draft pick in a good draft.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:50 PM)
There are some huge names out there. One thing I can honestly say is that this team now has two stars who are willing to sell the s*** out of this team.

Yep - And Jimmy is going to be working that angle at the olympics while Wade is vacationing with Chris Paul and Lebron, etc. Oh...I can't wait till next year, when we are finally on the right side of these bromances and guys teaming up (and coming to CHICAGO). f*** man....f***. Never saw this coming.

And LOL...supposedly Calderon went to Lakers for just 1 2nd round pick (per KC...some earlier reports were that it was 2 and even than, given his contract, that was a coup, imo). Cavs, on the other hand, did really well getting Dunleavy (and Pax has already told Dunleavy to whisper into Lebron's ears every night about the Bulls so that a year from now, they can come back...LOL). In all seriousness, I love MJD from a basketball standpoint playing with Lebron.

Bulls are either getting a 2nd round pick from Cavs or a foreign player.

Listening to Mark Spears on the radio this morning he said Rondo has greatly matured. Again I'll bring up the whole Boogie Rondo thing where Boogie begged him to stay because he was a mentor to him.

Also...Gonna be nice to have Wade and Rondo around to take Valentine and Grant "under their wings."

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
I never claimed flights don't delay. I claimed that front offices that are in major free agent meetings don't miss theirs to a flight delay when there are clearly many other planes that were not delayed, or you go the night before. This is the NBA, they just signed a 24 billion tv contract. They can fly charter to visit players in the hamptons. It is not comparable to an accounting firm.

I don't really consider this winning. But I pray this "recruiting angle" works, because this is the worst roster construction for modern times. Even if it explodes and Forman is fired, it means we will be unattractive as a destination again. But perhaps we'd get a good draft pick in a good draft.

I'm pretty shocked how excited people are with this. Actually I'm completely shocked but whateve, I hope everyone else is right.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)

It is a business. The overreaction was because people are stunned that we had a delay come up when none of us know the circumstances of what was going on. We don't know what Wade and the Bulls talked about. Wade might have said, I think we can meet at X time in NY or it might be the following day here, but I'll confirm tomorrow or he might have not really confirmed anything until the morning. The Bulls might have told him X or Y happened. It could have literally been, you have a one hour window or a two hour window and they found that window out today (when prior to today, they didn't know if they were meeting with Wade in NY or if it was today or tomorrow or what). The point is, none of us know, so to overreact is just absurd on something like this. I can't imagine Gar and Pax sitting on a Southwest flight, saying, oh thank god this thing is delayed, now I don't have to fail miserably in our pitch or not trying to do something.

Sometimes you can't do anything, especially if the window is short. You might have found out at 6 AM this morning you need to book a flight and go to the airport and get on that 8:30 AM flight to NY that got you in with a little time to spare and the plane backed out of the gate and bam, mechanical failure and you literally sat on the tarmac (I don't think they apply special rules to NBA GM's than the rest of the population (I can't just stand up on a plane and say, please please, take me back to the gate, I need to book another flight so that I can meet with Dwayne Wade). It doesn't work that way...they'll sit on the tarmac (no matter how loud you pout or how much you scream and shout about who you are (unless you scream and shout loud enough that they give you a full cavity search at airport security and put you in jail).

The fanbase seems so divided on these signings. You have the casuals loving the big name pickups and then the guys who are usually in the know hate everything the FO is doing. I honestly think these guys deserve a shot at making this work. I feel like this beats putting out a group that can win 25-30 games this year, which is what we would have been doing had we not signed Rondo or Wade. Sure this can blow up in our face on paper, but if it does, we don't neccesarily have full commitments to either Rondo or Wade in 2017. If it sucks, you start over. If it works, you're probably looking at a somewhat deep playoff run. I know for a fact that I'm pretty happy the Bulls FINALLY landed a big fish in free agency. The big fish might be 34 and decining, but he's one of the biggest names in the game. That's a little bit of progress.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Now when we use our MLE to sign Ray Allen...that is when I will proclaim our championship aspirations. ;) I do wonder what we will do with the MLE.

Any stretch 4/5 still out there? I know they have Niko, but they're gonna need one(or 2) on the court at all times.

Hopefully Portis can improve from beyond the arc. Jimmy as well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)
Fortunately, no one has a real center anymore.

You don't need one. Defensive schemes have gotten so advanced now that teams that can't shoot will be exposed. Look at the Grizzlies. They've been a great rebounding/defensive team for the most part. But never have they been a serious contender because they still think it's 1998 offensively.