Hitting in Minnesota

sox-r-us

This is not the first time I have heard a Sox player say the back drop in the baggy dome makes it very difficult for them to hit there

Now i know the twins do hit there, but they are used to it

There is a reason this team is so much better at home with the bats....especially Frank and Maggs.....they have this comfort level with the back drop at USCF

Here is a quote by Frank after the game tonight

----------

"This is a real ballpark," Thomas said. "There's no hitting background in that dome" in Minnesota.

You would think after playing in the league for 13 years and playing in the Twinkie Dome as long that he wouldn't have to come up with excuses. They just didn't get it done. It's that easy. They failed to execute in the clutch. No team plays all their games at home. You aren't there to be comfortable, you are there to win ball games.

This is not the first time I have heard a Sox player say the back drop in the baggy dome makes it very difficult for them to hit there

There is a reason this team is so much better at home with the bats....especially Frank and Maggs.....they have this comfort level with the back drop at USCF

----------

"This is a real ballpark," Thomas said. "There's no hitting background in that dome" in Minnesota.

Don't give me excuses.

And don't give me any quotes about Minnesota.

You didn't do a damn thing Frank, live with it and find a new team.

----------

OK how soon til someone saids Frank was "misquoted"? :lolhitting

Other teams haven't had much of a problem hitting there, check the Twins pitchers ERA. Frank needs to quit making excuses when he comes up empty in big games. Remember the 2000 playoffs when all he did was pop up to 2nd all the time? That was at Comiskey, they didn't change the hitting backdrop between the regular season and playoffs. He needs to take his failure like a man and be done with it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

----------

omfg i dont believe he said that....that has got to be the most stupidest excuse i have heard in forever.........they been hittin there for how many years now??? its always been a dome.. hasnt changed... ya think that by now they would have f***in figured out that they need to play small ball there and not whiff for the damn outfield each and every at bat........geez us.. next we will hear they didnt win it all this year because they cut down the amount of buffet tabels allowed in the clubhouse...... ;) we cant hit in a dome because of the backdrop... frank.. hello thats the most lame excuse i have ever heard.... get your fat ass into a batting cage and pratice knockin down bunts ok..........maybe next year youll get on base in the baggie dome...... :rolleyes:

----------

omfg i dont believe he said that....that has got to be the most stupidest excuse i have heard in forever.........they been hittin there for how many years now??? its always been a dome.. hasnt changed... ya think that by now they would have f***in figured out that they need to play small ball there and not whiff for the damn outfield each and every at bat........geez us.. next we will hear they didnt win it all this year because they cut down the amount of buffet tabels allowed in the clubhouse...... ;) we cant hit in a dome because of the backdrop... frank.. hello thats the most lame excuse i have ever heard.... get your fat ass into a batting cage and pratice knockin down bunts ok..........maybe next year youll get on base in the baggie dome...... :rolleyes:

Frank= L-O-S-E-R ....Ive been telling you guys this for years.

----------

OK how soon til someone saids Frank was "misquoted"? :lolhitting

Its f***ing comical. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being and always has been. ITS NEVER f***ING FRANK. Its ALWAYS someone elses fault. This guy is a complete joke.

Frank really wanted to win this year, and I think that he's realized that it's a mere pipedream now, so he's trying to rationalize why they lost.

I agree. It was wrong what he said, but I believe that this guy really wanted to win this year. I just hope he comes back with more fire and passion next year.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Frank really wanted to win this year, and I think that he's realized that it's a mere pipedream now, so he's trying to rationalize why they lost.

thats not rationalizing .. thats makin excuses plain an simple... just come out and say none of us can lay down a f***in bunt... we cant make small clutch base hits, all we can do is swing for the f***in fences which is something you cant do in minny... so we f***ed up by not being a fully well rounded hitting club...and be done with it.....excuses are gonna start to pile up for the plain simple fact that none of these assclowns gives two s***s or they would be doing the small things to make this work as well as the big ones ..........

thats not rationalizing .. thats makin excuses plain an simple... just come out and say none of us can lay down a f***in bunt... we cant make small clutch base hits, all we can do is swing for the f***in fences which is something you cant do in minny... so we f***ed up by not being a fully well rounded  hitting club...and be done with it.....excuses are gonna start to pile up for the plain simple fact that none of these assclowns gives two s***s or they would be doing the small things to make this work as well as the big ones ..........

In franks defense, although he deserves NONE, the whole team is teh same way. Everyone concerned with their own stats, hoping our lame ass manager just sits in the corner of the dougout. Well everyone should be happy. Jm let them be selfish and they put up some f***ing home runs this year. Ya know if i wasnt a loyal LIFETIME fan, id bail on these cock sucking mother f***ers....... :fyou :fyou

In franks defense, although he deserves NONE, the whole team is teh same way.  Everyone concerned with their own stats, hoping our lame ass manager just sits in the corner of the dougout.  Well everyone should be happy.  Jm let them be selfish and they put up some f***ing home runs this year.  Ya know if i wasnt a loyal LIFETIME fan, id bail on these cock sucking mother f***ers....... :fyou  :fyou

BMR, you aren't the only one. Don't feel too bad about it. Something has to happen eventually that is in our favor....doesn't it? :huh: