June 23rd Game Thread: White Sox @ Red Sox 12:35pm CT

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
For a veteran "contact" hitter, and a player who has had lots of opportunities to get into his offensive rhythm recently....Shuck just has to get the job done ONE of those times.

Anderson's failures are a bit more excusable.

And Eaton's had a good game overall, offensively and defensively. Hard to rip on him too much.

On the plus side, at least 3 of 4 vs Boston and the offense woke up.

Shuck sucks though, horrible.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
I'd much rather have won the first 3 games and lost this one than lost the first 3 and won this one. I don't know what you're talking about.

I know I'm not talking about anything you just suggested.

Point is, the good vibes from winning three against Boston is erased by this embarrassing effort if they lose. We've seen from a certain May game in Texas how momentum works with this team

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
I'd much rather have won the first 3 games and lost this one than lost the first 3 and won this one. I don't know what you're talking about.

We're falling further and further behind in the AL Central. If we lose it here, Detroit will be 2 games clear and we will be six games back.

There's going to be so many teams stacked up in the race for the two wild card spots, the odds will turn against them (see last August)...especially when they have to actually beat AL Central foes down the stretch.

And they definitely can't count on sweeping Minnesota a THIRD time this season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
On the plus side, at least 3 of 4 vs Boston and the offense woke up.

Shuck sucks though, horrible.

Shields righted the ship.

That might end up being more relevant in 2017 and 2018 than this season, but the bleeding there has stopped (for now).

On the negative side, Albers and Jones continue to struggle coming up with clean innings. We just have a huge issue in the 7th and 8th inning right now, getting games to Robertson.

And Robertson's really starting to show signs of wearing down. When his cutter isn't crisp, he gives up lots of hits, and his walk rate is very high for a closer. I'm convinced his best pitch is that knuckle curve, not the cutter.

GAME OVER

Knew that was happening.

Can't believe I just wasted five hours staying awake from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.

This team just doesn't have that killer instinct to put our boot down on another team's neck and crush them. The Red Sox gave us so many chances to sweep the series and we choked the bit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
Predictable loss once Purke came in. Way too many AAA players on this roster. The injuries to Putnam and Petricka illustrate how god awful the system is.

Big reason why I've said fools gold. Don't have the farm system to go out and fix things.