Someone get Frank a lolipop

Bmr31

Should be a very interesting off-season to say the least..... Frank could very well be playing his final games in the Silver and Black.....

I sure as hell hope so Murcie. This guy isnt what we need if we want to win. Thanks for all the meaningless home runs Frank. Take your act to the west coast......... :fyou

Guest hotsoxchick1
Should be a very interesting off-season to say the least..... Frank could very well be playing his final games in the Silver and Black.....

why yes.. yes he could very well be......... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I really, really, doubt that he won't be back next year.  He wouldn't if you were the GM, Bmr, but as we all know, you are not. I'm as sure as Frank's batting average is bad that he'll be back.

anything can happen and usually does with this team............ ;)

This year Frank is hitting .242 with 12 homers on the road. Last year he hit .240 with 4 homers on the road. Must be a lot of bad backdrops on the road, eh Frank?

Any team that wants Frank should consider how much US Cellular factors in for his production.

By the way, before this year lifetime FT was .267 at HHH with 12 HRs. Also, there were only 5 road cities where he has more homers that at HHH. FT: quit you b****in.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Just curious ... have you heard something that leads you to believe Frank won't be back?

Or just a hunch on your part?

ive heard a few things on a few people already.. yes frank being one of them.. we soon shall see what the off season brings though...... ;)

HSC ...

If you could keep only one of these three: Frank, Carl, or Robbie ... who would you keep?

Two biggest needs in my mind: A Pain in the Ass, get on base, drive the opposition nuts SS, or CF. Preferably both.

Second, a reliable 5th starter, someone who can give this team 10 wins.

I respect everything Frank has done for this franchise, and he is probably the reason I became a Sox fan in the first place. But when he decided to just play home run derby in the middle of a pennant race that told me something.

He needs to move on, I think.

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC ...

If you could keep only one of these three:  Frank, Carl, or Robbie ... who would you keep?

Two biggest needs in my mind:  A Pain in the Ass, get on base, drive the opposition nuts SS, or CF.  Preferably both.

Second, a reliable 5th starter, someone who can give this team 10 wins.

hands down robbie.... now i like frank.. but he is only a slugger type we need a better rounded player... carl is on the verge of old but still useful.. i would keep him second.. and frank last....we need a guy like robbie who can get small things done as well as big things and you cant replace his defense in the field hes tops at his position and always has been.........robbie without a doubt stays out of those three......mho.......

Frank likes money, the $6 million player option he has he probably will exercise. No one else is going to give him that kind of money. Also, if he opts out, doesn't he have to pay something like $2 million to JR? If he is foolish enough not to exercise his option, I hope he finds a team who has a hitting background to his liking.

hands down robbie.... now i like frank.. but he is only a slugger type we need a better rounded player... carl is on the verge of old but still useful.. i would keep him second.. and frank last....we need a guy like robbie who can get small things done as well as big things and you cant replace his defense in the field hes tops at his position and always has been.........robbie without a doubt stays out of those three......mho.......

I think I would keep Carl. I love the intensity that he brings to the game. Also, at this point he is a better player than Robbie is.

HSC ... I agree with you on this one 100% (I agree with you most of the time, when I don't, I usually just shut up :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I like Frank too, he's done a lot for this franchise and I would never denegrate his contributions. In my opinion, the character, mix, chemistry, whatever you want to call it MUST change. Frank has been a constant and I think it would be good for him as well as the White Sox if he found a greener pasture.

I also think Roberto Alomor is a priority, and if I had to pick a second, it would be Carl, his intensity is an extremely important attribute. Having said that, I still think if they can somehow come up with a better CF option ... do it. Carl is ok out there but that's about it.

What it comes down to is ... sort out the manager and GM situation, then go from there.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ya think that the dodgers have a nice enough back drop???? :huh:

The ball doen't carry there at night. By May 15th Frank will be sitting with 4 homers, and will say he lost 25 because of the heavy night air. :lol: :lol: Do you think he'll go there? I know Evans was interested in him, but there has been a lot of speculation that Evans won't survive the off season. I see him staying, I'm not totally opposed, although we have so many like him, and that money would be better spent elsewhere. I think Magglio is probably playing his last week in a White Sox uniform, unless we can figure a way to get rid of Paulie, and either Botch or Frank.

I respect everything Frank has done for this franchise, and he is probably the reason I became a Sox fan in the first place. But when he decided to just play home run derby in the middle of a pennant race that told me something.

He needs to move on, I think.

you and me both, Spiff. Frank is the reason that I became a true Sox fan in 1990. Even I have grown tired of his act, the endless popups whilst trying to hit 500 HRs. Frank could hit 50 HRs this year, but would any of them be in a crucial situation?

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC ... I agree with you on this one 100% (I agree with you most of the time, when I don't, I usually just shut up  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

I like Frank too, he's done a lot for this franchise and I would never denegrate his contributions.  In my opinion, the character, mix, chemistry, whatever you want to call it MUST change.  Frank has been a constant and I think it would be good for him as well as the White Sox if he found a greener pasture.

I also think Roberto Alomor is a priority, and if I had to pick a second, it would be Carl, his intensity is an extremely important attribute.  Having said that, I still think if they can somehow come up with a better CF option ... do it.  Carl is ok out there but that's about it.

What it comes down to is ... sort out the manager and GM situation, then go from there.

jim i think we should run the team huh.... maybe we would get better results than the current management....... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
The ball doen't carry there at night. By May 15th Frank will be sitting with 4 homers, and will say he lost 25 because of the heavy night air. :lol:  :lol: Do you think he'll go there? I know Evans was interested in him, but there has been a lot of speculation that Evans won't survive the off season. I see him staying, I'm not totally opposed, although we have so many like him, and that money would be better spent elsewhere. I think Magglio is probably playing his last week in a White Sox uniform, unless we can figure a way to get rid of Paulie, and either Botch or Frank.

DA sad as it is we may see maggs hittin the left coast as well.. so many words flyin around the park these days.....soon we shall see........me thinks that frank and maggs hit the surf here soon.......mho and conclusions though from what i hear around town so lets not make it as a done deal ok im just puttin together my formulas from the info i hear.... ;)

I saw a stat somewhere that Frank has hit the highest percentage of HR's that tied the game or gave his team the lead this season. I know that Anaheim game I went to he hit two such HRs. These are great but he almost never hits these on the road and never in the playoffs or a playoff atmosphere like against Minnesota in September.

I saw a stat somewhere that Frank has hit the highest percentage of HR's that tied the game or gave his team the lead this season.  I know that Anaheim game I went to he hit two such HRs.  These are great but he almost never hits these on the road and never in the playoffs or a playoff atmosphere like against Minnesota in September.

That comes from hitting most of his homers in the first inning. :bang