Any NIU fans here???

CubsSuck1

This would be such a huge win... Go Huskies and Michael "The Burner" Turner! :headbang

I'll be pulling for them. If they win tonight they have a serious shot at running the table, and blowing up the BCS(bull-crap-system). They have a chance albeit a small one.

I'll be in Dekalb next Saturday to watch them dismantle the clones. (sorry Soxheads)

I'll be pulling for them.  If they win tonight they have a serious shot at running the table, and blowing up the BCS(bull-crap-system).  They have a chance albeit a small one. 

I'll be in Dekalb next Saturday to watch them dismantle the clones.  (sorry Soxheads)

I'll admit that NIU has a great team this year and that they would most likely beat the Illini, but that doesn't mean they deserve a BCS bid. Maryland is overrated and Alabama is solid but not great. If NIU was to face a team like OU or Miami they would be run off the field by the end of the first half. Turner would probably struggle to gain 50 yards against Oklahoma's D.

I'll be pulling for them.  If they win tonight they have a serious shot at running the table, and blowing up the BCS(bull-crap-system).  They have a chance albeit a small one. 

I'll be in Dekalb next Saturday to watch them dismantle the clones.  (sorry Soxheads)

I'll admit that NIU has a great team this year and that they would most likely beat the Illini, but that doesn't mean they deserve a BCS bid. Maryland is overrated and Alabama is solid but not great. If NIU was to face a team like OU or Miami they would be run off the field by the end of the first half. Turner would probably struggle to gain 50 yards against Oklahoma's D.

I was saying that having an undefeated team, from a non BCS conference, would ruin the system. and hopefully lead to the end of the BCS

I was saying that having an undefeated team, from a non BCS conference, would ruin the system. and hopefully lead to the end of the BCS

What do you want, a stupid-ass playoff? That's ridiculous

What do you want, a stupid-ass playoff? That's ridiculous

Playoffs are actually fun! It allows for upsets to happen...You have a greater chance of making the championship game. With the BCS system, it's nearly impossible to make it to the championship game if you aren't ranked at the beginning of the season.

The BCS has some flaws but I like it.

I think it should incorporate all the conferences though. Making everyone eligible for the National Title, even if the MAC, WAC, MW, C-USA schools don't get enough points to get there, they can at least say they are playing for it.

NIU has 'burned' Maryland and 'Bama now, they got a good thing going in Dekalb