July 1st, 2016 - Chicago White Sox vs. Huston Astros - 7:10

hi8is

A battle of two hopeful teams starts today in a pivotal series. Both are on the outside of a wild card spot and both seem to be on the rise after being in a rut. The Sox have begun to recover after a horrid stretch, winning their last three consecutive series. We sit 2.5 games away from a wild card spot.

The Huston Astros on the other hand have gone 40 and 20 since May 1st. They currently sit a half a game from a wild card spot.

In the White corner, likely hailing from somewhere south of the equator, we have Miguel "The Rat Dog" Gonzalez. Sporting an intimidating set of sideburns and facial scruff - this man on a mission has been brilliant and then f***ing awful in his last two starts. The offense supporting him looks to heat up as summer temperatures continue rising. Things are clicking and aside from an injury to recent call up Matt Davidson, every man 1 through 9 believes they can mash today. Spark plug Adam Eaton has recently revealed this game will be dedicated to the injured Davidson and in homage to him, every batter will either strike out or hit a home run.

In the Ugly Ass Uniform corner, hailing from a brew house in Milwaukee is some poor asshole who's mainly know for hitting Stanton in the face. A team comprised of a perennial league leader in hitting, a left handed masher, a young power hitting egotistical prick, and the Alex Rodriguez of the current generation - these guys got everything necessary to bust-a-move.

Will the White Sox turn their season south and smack the moon men with a 55 pound slab of raw brisket? Will The Rat Dog throw a gem or give up 16 hits? Will Tim Anderson fly into the air revealing himself as the real life Superman?

Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know - turn off the lights, and I glow. To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal... Blah blah blah... Something about a candle.... Blah blah blah... WICKED!

hi8is take away - the white sox will win as this will be the third game they win and will signal their eventual record of 28 - 5 in their next 33 games. If this does not happen exactly as I foretold - then I will make a video of myself eating a 1,000 year old egg.

Stop, hammer time.

Edited by hi8is

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
A battle of two hopeful teams starts today in a pivotal series. Both are on the outside of a wild card spot and both seem to be on the rise after being in a rut. The Sox have begun to recover after a horrid stretch, winning their last three consecutive series. We sit 2.5 games away from a wild card spot.

The Huston Astros on the other hand have gone 40 and 20 since May 1st. They currently sit a half a game from a wild card spot.

In the White corner, likely hailing from somewhere south of the equator, we have Miguel "The Rat Dog" Gonzalez. Sporting an intimidating set of sideburns and facial scruff - this man on a mission has been brilliant and then f***ing awful in his last two starts. The offense supporting him looks to heat up as summer temperatures continue rising. Things are clicking and aside from an injury to recent call up Matt Davidson, every man 1 through 9 believes they can mash today. Spark plug Adam Eaton has recently revealed this game will be dedicated to the injured Davidson and in homage to him, every batter will either strike out or hit a home run.

In the Ugly Ass Uniform corner, hailing from a brew house in Milwaukee is some poor asshole who's mainly know for hitting Stanton in the face. A team comprised of a perennial league leader in hitting, a left handed masher, a young power hitting egotistical prick, and the Alex Rodriguez of the current generation - these guys got everything necessary to bust-a-move.

Will the White Sox turn their season south and smack the moon men with a 55 pound slab of raw brisket? Will The Rat Dog throw a gem or give up 16 hits? Will Tim Anderson fly into the air revealing himself as the real life Superman?

Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know - turn off the lights, and I glow. To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal... Blah blah blah... Something about a candle.... Blah blah blah... WICKED!

hi8is take away - the white sox will win as this will be the third game they win and will signal their eventual record of 28 - 5 in their next 33 games. If this does not happen exactly as I foretold - then I will make a video of myself eating a 1,000 year old egg.

Stop, hammer time.

Or take spelling 101

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
SS - Anderson

RF - Eaton

1B - Abreu

DH - Frazier

2B - Lawrie

C - Avila

LF - Garcia

3B - Saladino

CF - Shuck

Why is Abreu in the field? They should DH him to rest his chronically sore feet plus put the superior defensive player, Frazier, at 1B.

And I don't care if Abreu says he doesn't like to DH. That's all he's good for.

I'll be at the game tonight, hoping for the best.

I have 3 extra tickets for tomorrow's game, right behind home plate. I can't find anyone else to go, so if anyone is interested in going PM me and we'll work it out. They are free, no worries there. It's sale day too, gonna be a good one.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
I'll be at the game tonight, hoping for the best.

I have 3 extra tickets for tomorrow's game, right behind home plate. I can't find anyone else to go, so if anyone is interested in going PM me and we'll work it out. They are free, no worries there. It's sale day too, gonna be a good one.

Oh how I wish I lived in Chicago right now

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
I think he thinks they're playing in Chicago this weekend so it is relevant to what you said very much.

Duh award of the day, yet again goes to me :D

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 06:06 PM)
I think he thinks they're playing in Chicago this weekend so it is relevant to what you said very much.

I know what he meant, I was just giving him s***

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
Abreu so feeble on inside fastballs. Let's see if Gonzalez can earn himself another start

Who else are they gonna throw instead of Gonzalez?