Sox vs Twinkies Game Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness to Koch (we all knew he has a propensity for the long ball), the game shoulda been over in the 9th. f***chop Jimenez, I'd be happy to never see him in the starting lineup, wait...on the White Sox roster EVER again. Definition of a complete Blockhead. Where does KW find these "great finds"?

f*** jIMENEZ, kLESKO WAS rIGHT. bRING UP mILES

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't care if Miles is "non-prospect". The dude has a propensity for making things happen. Jiminez appears to be out there to see if anything will happen. I'd rather have a non-prospect sparkplug playing in our lineup than high-upside lazy ass any day.

Guest hotsoxchick1
f*** jIMENEZ, kLESKO WAS rIGHT. bRING UP mILES

ive been screaming for miles since the season started.........bring him up now..........

You guys realize that if Harris or Rios know how to track and catch a fly ball without letting it get past them, or if Frank Thomas can actually dig out a realatively simple turf bounce from Joe Crede ( it bounced about 10 feet in front of him, Frank contorted his body away from the ball and wiffed on it) the final score is 5-3 Sox. Sure the offense didn't contribute in the 2nd half of the game, but if the defense is even respectable this whole conversation is moot.

You guys realize that if Harris or Rios know how to track and catch a fly ball without letting it get past them, or if Frank Thomas can actually dig out a realatively simple turf bounce from Joe Crede ( it bounced about 10 feet in front of him, Frank contorted his body away from the ball and wiffed on it)  the final score is 5-3 Sox.  Sure the offense didn't contribute in the 2nd half of the game, but if the defense is even respectable this whole conversation is moot.

The throw from Crede landed in the dirt, making it a MUCH tougher play than if it had hit the turf instead. It was ANYTHING but an easy play, and that idiot Crede did what he always does -- throw it low. It's not like he had Vince Coleman (circa 1986) running down the line. How does a MAJOR LEAGUER f*** up such an easy play? Only a bonehead would blame that on Frank. And Frank later in the game dug out an equally horrible throw by Jose, so lay off of the guy.

The throw from Crede landed in the dirt, making it a MUCH tougher play than if it had hit the turf instead.  It was ANYTHING but an easy play, and that idiot Crede did what he always does -- throw it low.  It's not like he had Vince Coleman (circa 1986) running down the line.  How does a MAJOR LEAGUER f*** up such an easy play?  Only a bonehead would blame that on Frank.  And Frank later in the game dug out an equally horrible throw by Jose, so lay off of the guy.

Look at the replay. That ball bounced about 2 feet from the dirt on the turf. It was a turf bounce.

Meanwhile this was the 9th winnable game Sox let get away (whether via situational hitting, running, defense or bullpen)...since the Jake series spanning little more than 3 weeks.

(2 in Cle, 1 in Ari, 1 in LA, 1 SF, 1 SD, 1 Bos, 1 Cubs, 1 Minn so far).

I bet those Mariner over-achievers don't have as many giveaways the whole year.

Look at the replay.  That ball bounced about 2 feet from the dirt on the turf.  It was a turf bounce.

I don't have access to a replay, so I'll have to take your word for it. But regardless of where it bounced, it was a horrid throw by Crede and Frank shouldn't be blamed for not being able to dig it and make the play.

Meanwhile this was the 9th winnable game Sox let get away (whether via situational hitting, running, defense or bullpen)...since the Jake series spanning little more than 3 weeks.

I don't know what criteria you use for determining games that the Sox blow, but I was at the Dodger series, and we didn't blow the 2-1 loss. We just ran into good Dodger pitching that day. I think it was Molto the other day who said that you need to sometimes give credit to our opponents and say that on that day, they were just better than us.

Now, the last Boston game I do remember, as well as yesterday's Minnesota game. Oh yeah, and of course that horrid Colon/Bonds game. The others I don't recall, but I'm sure they aren't as bad as the 3 I just mentioned.

I don't know what criteria you use for determining games that the Sox blow, but I was at the Dodger series, and we didn't blow the 2-1 loss. We just ran into good Dodger pitching that day. I think it was Molto the other day who said that you need to sometimes give credit to our opponents and say that on that day, they were just better than us.

Now, the last Boston game I do remember, as well as yesterday's Minnesota game. Oh yeah, and of course that horrid Colon/Bonds game. The others I don't recall, but I'm sure they aren't as bad as the 3 I just mentioned.

Even if I were to shave off 4 benefit-of-the-doubt games....5 game differential is still TOO f***ING HIGH for a playoff team that couldn't beat easy oppoenents in April and now has to overachieve...

(But since I am pretty confiedent and remember the details of those games, I am not going to concede this to you or anyone. MINUS-9 is what it is.)

But since I am pretty confiedent and remember the details of those games, I am not going to concede this to you or anyone.  MINUS-9 is what it is.

Uh, I don't care if you concede anything or not. It's not going to change the record of the Sox, so why would I care?

Uh, I don't care if you concede anything or not.  It's not going to change the record of the Sox, so why would I care?

Trust me, you will care when we continue losing close games like that any way we can (running, defense, sit hitting, BL, umpiring, etc) for the remainder of the year and end up missing playoffs by 5 games, prompting a WF-2.

(Or do you still think that law of averages will bail the Sox out?)

Ok, so you agree on BoSox/SF/Minnesota....What about San Diego? What about Cubs? If Cle-Ari-La is ancient history, then about those losses? I think it would be lazy to excuse our pathetic play and give our opponets credit for something they didn't deserve...

(I guess when Sox were losing games in April-May left and right- to KCs, to Baltimores, to Tigers, to Indians, etc....it was because most of the time they outplayed us, too...)